Thread: Tv-out Settings?

I just set up my audio video sender to my computer so it will send my computer images and sound to my TV.

It works after I enabled the clone view on my advanced display settings.

The problem is that its not displaying the entire screen.

It seems to have the lower left hand side of the screen, the top of the screen and the right hand side are not appearing on the TV set. My computer display looks the same as it did prior to any adjustments.

How can i adjust this?

In the box that I enabled the clone view, there was a display adjustment click box thingy but that adjusted my computer display as well.

It also seems that just moving the display around wouldn't solve the problem since it would then cut off the other side. I am not sure.

Another odd thing but this is probably normal... the image does not take up the entire TV screen.

And I just noticed that it moves around what it shows. Sometime it has the tool bar on the bottom of the screen and right now it does not.

Odd.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    DARKSHADOW's Avatar Poster
    i'm not quite sure about this ,but it sound as if u have the screen size set to high on the tv-out ,in the display property/settings menu u should c 2 monitor displays 1 ur monitor the other ur tv display,if u right click the displays and choose identify a number will appear on each display so u know which 1 is which,then adjust accordily to match each other or what ever suits u
    hope this helps
    ps this is based on a nvidia card

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    This is real simple. You just need to go to the display settings and change your desktop resolution to something lower like 800 x 600. That's it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    It's not that simple. Computer monitors and televisions do not display video the same way. There has to be some way to set the output for TV, so that resolution and refresh rates are adjusted accordingly.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Um, actually it is. I had the same issue. Then I realize that my desktop resolution was too high to display all of it on my tv. It would only display some. When I changed the resolution to 800 x 600 it fit the whole screen.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I guess it depends on many things (OS, video card, drivers, etc.). Consider yourself lucky for fixing it so easily. Not everyone has such luck hooking up their PC to a television.