Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Recordin Onto A Vcr With A Tv-out

AAAAAAAH!!! that would be in red if I could work out how to change the text colour. Firstly, odds are you've got the format set wrong, if u are recording to a pal video recorder your output has to be pal, same for yank crap, sorry meant to say NTSC. go to the TV out settings on your video card, it will be hidden somewhere under Advanced, why something as bloody simple as picture format qualifies as advanced I'll never know.

Secondly, this adapter is it a scart block. I suspect it isn't as you sem to have a mono audio input on your vcr, if that is the case u are probably trying to put svha into a composite video input, just to confuzzle u some more, it's not RGB, 3 BNC fittings is it? If it is I could suggest how to fix the problem but I would rather give u the money to buy a new VCR and give that antique back to Noah's other sons!

I dread to think what's coming next lol

give me a chance to get a beer before the next instalment (B)

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    Originally posted by Confuzzled@20 March 2003 - 17:40
    LOL !!! Well.... its actually.. excuse my confuzzling um.. descrpition of it.. I got it confuzzled with somethin else... ... Okay lemme restart...*slaps self on forehead...I plug one end of the s-vid into the pc tv out thing... then the other s-vid end I plug into ...well... its like a little connector that I plug a s-vid into...its kinda looks like a splitter in a way if that helps... and on the on other side i have a video in/out thing.. and it goes into the video of my vcr .. and the audio connections I plug into my speakers... I have the L/R plugged into this thing that makes it a single connection... then the other L/R audio connections go into my vcr.. ... the cord from my pc to my vcr is about... 10 to 12 feet long... Oh and no there isn't an adapter or anything that needs to go plugged in for the connector thing...

Well... I do convert things to vcd as well as vhs... I just wanted to record my tmd movies to vhs .. then when I get ahold of the dvd rips or dvd screeners of them.. put them on vcd.... LOL !!! Ancient video tape... *Confuzzled enters cave.... opens tomb and pulls out vhs tapes....

*Oh and.... thanks for the info !!!
    I love it when a post can make me smirk and giggle while reading, throughout the entire thing. Confuzzled has done it again.

I think leecheskicked may have some good ideas on what may be causing your issue, hopefully he helped as most assuredly I seem to have failed. However I do beleive that what I mentioned can and will cause issues with someone so hopefully it solves somebody's problem sometime.

Over and out.

(leaves computer and climbs back on to couch, searches for remote control stuck between cushions, finds remote control and smiles while surfing cable channels)

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    one other thought, i've seen colour picture while taping, but playback B&W once before but that was copying a dvd to vhs, no pc involved, it had something to do with protection on the dvd, i think. I suppose in theory the dvd may have been ripped without the protection being removed, unlikely I should think but posible.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Poster
    South Cali where the beach is warm and the babes are hott!!!
    my best guess is that your VCR is "old and archaic" and cannot record in COLOR!!!!!!!!!

it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with NTSC and PAL.....
    if he has it in color when he's playing it, then it's fine how it is....

tried to understand your description of your connections, which was.......very fun...........

first off, from what I can determine, you're running an S-Video out from your PC to a converter to a composite cable into your VCR......

also, you're running a 1/8th inch cable from the comp to stereo RCA into the VCR......

IF I have this all correct, then here's my idea....

all in all, a pretty good plan.....
    your VCR has stereo inputs but no S-Video in, it must be a bit old......

I've never seen a configuration like yours before......
    anyways, I'd suggest that if you're going to do your audio connections RCA, why not do the video too????
    go buy a converter for S-Video to RCA, they're not that much.....

then, just plug our S_Video from your PC into the converter, run a cord from the converter to your VCR (make sure they're both on the same input......it should look something like this

Audio Video
    | L | R | |
    input 1 | | | |
    |--------- |-----------|-------------|
    | | | |
    input 2 | | | |
    | | | |
    --------------------------------------------------------

make sure you put them all on the same input........

also, in case you don't know, red is left and white is right.....

hope this helps..... :beerchug: cheers

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    THANKS SOO MUCH TO ALL OF YA'LL FOR REPLYIN AND FOR THE HELP !!! I have a newer vcr ... I will try it with that one... tomarrow... and I will try the things ya'll have said.... well try... if I don't get confuzzled... ... I'll post how it went...

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Okay.. I read my explaination of the connections i have.. and well... I confuzzled even me...

So allow me to disturb everyone yet again and re-explain them...

Okay.... Video(S-video)...From the out of the Video card... it goes this little thing it plugs into... then on the other side of this thing... is a RCA Video connection.. (I guess thats what you call it...) well it goes from the connectoer thing ... into the vcr in... then for the audio... it goes from my speaker headphone plug in.. I have this thing that joins them together... then it goes to the in of my vcr. Audio, perfect, video perfect..... then I record... .... the audio is fine.. but the video is in black and white... :

Okay now I think that is a bit more understandable.. I need to find the name of the little connector thing I have so that I can refer to it by its name and not um... "thing."

The NTSC is set right... um leecheskicked.. I don't even know what these are... "RGB, 3 BNC," lol !

LOL ShareDaddy... , I am glad I am amusing.. or just so stupid its amusing...lol .

I am gonna try to connect it directly to the Tv and see if this helps...

Oh and the creepy thing is ... I just bought this VCR, it was like 70 bucks.. a TOSHIBA... very good...but no s-vid...

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    i have done exactly what you are trying to do
    i went directly from my vid card to vcr rca inputs(audio video)
    then put the vcr on aux or video2 or whatever it has for the input
    then tv on channel 4 of course and it recorded fine

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Originally posted by sred2003@28 March 2003 - 06:47
    i have done exactly what you are trying to do
    i went directly from my vid card to vcr rca inputs(audio video)
    then put the vcr on aux or video2 or whatever it has for the input
    then tv on channel 4 of course and it recorded fine
    So like dude.. you have it set up the same as me.. and it works fine ???

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    yeah and mine worked the first time.
    so i am thinking it might be a problem with the vcr.

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    So scratch me connecting it directly to my tv.. cuz when i do that i dunno how to set it up to record.... the tv i hav it set up to right now is well... pretty old ... could that have anything to do with it... ??? >_< :&#39;( Okay I just discovered these emoticons.... lol.. I had to use them..

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast