Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Security Update

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by wontellyagen@11 July 2004 - 17:21
    btw...I believe it's spelled  "competent" not compotent.
    Right. And screenhot is spelled screenshot. I fuck up a lot.

But I guess since your the one using Internet Exploder it don't make a difference.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by wontellyagen@11 July 2004 - 22:54
    Can someone lend a hand?

I'm running:

If I look at the "about" in my IE explorer, and it doesn't say anything about
    mozilla, I'm ok...right? 

Anyway...
    I'm not sure if this is a mozalla or not, I downloaded the patch, but haven't installed it yet. It appears to be a non readable file. When I right click on it to see if there is an 'install now' option, there is none.

If I am running mozalla, how do I install the patch? I've never seen the "install" option anywhere. The patch I have won't open, I get the standard error telling me " this file is unreadable, would you like to search the web for the program that created it"?

Help Please   
    dont listen to them, n00bs get yelled at........ theyre only doing it cause they got yelled at when they first came her

you're not running Mozilla.........

goto http://mozilla.org/ and download and install it (it will take a lil time to get used to, but trust me, its better than IE in nearly every way)

the diffrence with the browsers is minimal, allthough Microsoft does try to block non-IE browsers to their sites (childish, but true)........

IE (Internet Explorer) is a microsoft product that comes with windows......... if you like virii, dialers, adware and security leaks, stay with it....

if you get a 3rd party browser, you will eliminate most treats because it (mostly) isnt made by one company, but by multiple people devoting their free time to it. because of this way of making a product, patches come out sooner for known security issues....

besides the fact that most virii and other annoying crap is writen for IE (as most people use it), so alot of that stuff wont work if your using a 3rd party browser

EDIT: read this on why you should switch
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Poster
    If I look at the "about" in my IE explorer, and it doesn't say anything about
    mozilla, I'm ok...right? biggrin.gif
    Right, you do not need the patch. It's only for firefox/ mozilla browsers.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by manker+11 July 2004 - 18:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker @ 11 July 2004 - 18:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wontellyagen@11 July 2004 - 23:21
    You folks better get life jackets for your pets the next time you take them for a walk.
    fugley time again:

[/b][/quote]

I&#39;d really like to know wtf that means.

and lmao @ shn

internet exploder

we used to refer to is as that when doing support, just to see if people would notice.
    of course they never did.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    THANKS&#33;&#33;&#33;

Installing.
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by wontellyagen@11 July 2004 - 16:54
    Can someone lend a hand?

I&#39;m running:

If I look at the "about" in my IE explorer, and it doesn&#39;t say anything about
    mozilla, I&#39;m ok...right?

Anyway...
    I&#39;m not sure if this is a mozalla or not, I downloaded the patch, but haven&#39;t installed it yet. It appears to be a non readable file. When I right click on it to see if there is an &#39;install now&#39; option, there is none.

If I am running mozalla, how do I install the patch? I&#39;ve never seen the "install" option anywhere. The patch I have won&#39;t open, I get the standard error telling me " this file is unreadable, would you like to search the web for the program that created it"?

Help Please
    Is this a joke?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    99shassan's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+12 July 2004 - 00:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 12 July 2004 - 00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-wontellyagen@11 July 2004 - 16:54
    Can someone lend a hand?

I&#39;m running:
    &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;

If I look at the "about" in my IE explorer, and it doesn&#39;t say anything about
    mozilla, I&#39;m ok...right?&nbsp;

Anyway...
    I&#39;m not sure if this is a mozalla or not, I downloaded the patch, but haven&#39;t installed it yet. It appears to be a non readable file. When I right click on it to see if there is an &#39;install now&#39; option, there is none.

If I am running mozalla, how do I install the patch? I&#39;ve never seen the "install" option anywhere. The patch I have won&#39;t open, I get the standard error telling me " this file is unreadable, would you like to search the web for the program that created it"?

Help Please&nbsp; &nbsp;
    Is this a joke?

[/b][/quote]
    Lol
    Changed SPAN settings in sig a YEAR after it was removed

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by wontellyagen@11 July 2004 - 13:54
    Can someone lend a hand?

I&#39;m running:

mozilla, I&#39;m ok...right?

Anyway...

Help Please
    Post of the fucking year.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    Storm...Thank You for your understanding. I appreciate your passing on to me, the knowledge needed for the security of this computer (although some may think I don&#39;t deserve it).....
    It&#39;s nice to see there are some people with enough confidence in themselves to answer a question, that may seem other wise totally absurd, with in depth honesty.

I will be changing my browser to another, but I guess I&#39;m forced to keep the IE for updates from Microsoft.

To those still answering my posts with insults..... I&#39;m glad I could offer some comic relief to your <add insult here> lives.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234