Thread: My Teac Dv-w58g Writer's Stopped Burning Dvd's

Scouse always
    :helpsmile: i bought this writer a few weeks ago and it worked fine, now if i try to burn a film on it it will go through all the stages (maybe 4/5 hrs) and at the end when it should start to burn it gives me an error message telling me there is not enough room on the disc, i have tried various discs, all the same. i have tried to burn in Nero Vision Express, and also Videocapturix suite, but i get the same result! it will burn music to a normal C/D, no problem, i have even tried to burn a small video of 2.72mo on it, all with the same result. i've tried Phillips DVD+RW's extended play 240min, and Emtec DVD+R 120min can anyone please help?
    ARRYTHEDEV

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Duffman's Avatar Poster
    maybe you need -r/-rws?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by Duffman3@10 July 2004 - 16:02
    maybe you need -r/-rws?
    I doubt that's his problem, as far as I know the Teac Dv-w58g is a +Writer not a -Writer.
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    4-5 hours?????????

Maybe you shouldn't own a DVD burner.

It sounds like you are "burning", via software program, that is converting a non-DVD movie into a standard MPEG-2 file.

Converting a full length movie, such as a compressed DIVX AVI file, into a DVD MPEG-2 file can take up to 9 hours. You need to get TMPGenc to do your converting, then your DVD burning session should take only 1/2 hour (depending on what speed you choose to burn).

----------------
    2 TIPS before burning. (Your audio may beome out of sync near the end of the movie).

- The DIVX or XVID file (or any non DVD format) must be scanned and fixed before converting.

- Some audio (certain codecs) need to be extracted from the movie before converting to MPEG-2 (Used the extracted audio as the AUDIO SOURCE)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Kai, that's wrong it does both formats. Although it seems that + burns twice teh speed of -.

I know almost nothing about DVD writers\DVD media, so all i can suggest is trying a different firmware version.

That and uninstall all cd drive\burner realted programs (other burning apps, image mounting programs, etc.)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@10 July 2004 - 22:58
    Kai, that's wrong it does both formats. Although it seems that + burns twice teh speed of -.

I know almost nothing about DVD writers\DVD media, so all i can suggest is trying a different firmware version.

That and uninstall all cd drive\burner realted programs (other burning apps, image mounting programs, etc.)
    oops, my mistake
    nevertheless it still does burn + media so that's not the problem
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Tell us exactly what you are doing. Please! From the beginning to the end. What software you are using, home videos etc....

Then I can see where the problem is and tell you how I burn and what software I use.

I can help you out. I do a LOT of video editing and burning. Visit my website for kicks, and see.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Spindulik@10 July 2004 - 22:07
    Tell us exactly what you are doing. Please! From the beginning to the end. What software you are using, home videos etc....

Then I can see where the problem is and tell you how I burn and what software I use.

I can help you out. I do a LOT of video editing and burning. Visit my website for kicks, and see.
    Just looking at your sig i can tell you do a lot.

Also remember to tell us the type of file (avi, mpeg, whatever it is).

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Scouse always
    ok i have an athlon XP 2400 processor, with 1024Ram running on XP Home, my VGA card is Gainward GeForce 4 Pro/600 TV 64 mb DDR TV-OUT, and also a Guillemot Maxi TV3 TV tuner PCI card. i capture video/tv with "VideoCapturix" software. i use Nero Vision Express, and MY DVD to (try to) burn to DVD. a few weeks ago i had no problems, i have even reformatted, but nothing changes. my files are home video AVI compressed to DIVX codec, at 14 frames /sec 48kbs 24bits this one is only 3min36sec long, and AVI video 686mo (downloaded from Emule) 25 frames/sec 115kpbs 24bits compressed to DIVXMPG4 V3 this is 1hr 41min. as i have said everything looks fine until the very end, when i get the error message "not enough room on the disk" i have tried with numerous "NEW" out of the packet disks, all the same, what is going on.
    ARRYTHEDEV