peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by {SHELL%SHOCKED}@11 July 2004 - 10:42
    THEY MUST HAVE TAKEN LESSONS FROM THE CANADIANS AND BELGIUM'S

"Bloody and contemptuous images"

CANADIAN STYLE TORTURE VIDEO

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-723-4318/c...r/somalia/clip8

Blue helmet Belgium style torture, ROAST

Edit: Images removed by RF

BRUSSELS, Belgium (CNN) -- Belgian military officials Thursday promised a thorough review of training exercises, following the publication of photos of alleged atrocities by elite paratroopers during the 1993 U.N. Somalia peace mission.
    Ya peace keepers my ass. Nuff to make one sick . I'm a canuck by the way .

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@14 July 2004 - 00:47
    How can I play this... I have no audio and NERO MPEG-1/2/4 video decoder w/ DxVA Does not seems to be decoding it right.. I think it is trying to insert a logo in the bottem middle.

oh the life name is 20040617_DoDIraq.MP4
    Can no one help me play this video?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Originally posted by 20040617_DoDIraq.MP4
    Can no one help me play this video? [/b]

When I click on this link http://archives.cbc.ca/IDC-1-71-723-4318/c...r/somalia/clip8

a normal cbc archives page opens and in the middle is WMP and press play, maybe your fire wall is blocking it ??

try this link IE plays this on on my PC, OR SAVE IT TO A TARGET

http://ms.radio-canada.ca/archives/2003/en...19950119et1.wmv

HERE'S THE CBC INDEX PAGE WITH MULTIPLE CLIPS OF SOMALIA, YOU WANT CLIP 8.

http://archives.cbc.ca/IDD-1-71-723/...t_war/somalia/

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    Ok I got the video working. It has no audio at all. The source seems to be coming from “home-made” VHS tape and there is a logo flickering in the bottom middle (maybe encoded with a trial version codec). The read me seems to hint it comes from the DoD (Department of Defense).

First ~30 seconds...

GRAPHIC VIDEO
    *** NOT suitable for children.***

- This four-minute video clip documents atrocities committed by the Hussein Regime including the Saddam Fedayeen in Iraq prior to the Coalition’s librations of the Iraq people
    (Fedayeen translation: those willing to die for Saddam)

- This video is mostly unedited and, therefore presents extremely graphic footage of torture (including decapitation).
    It is not suitable for children.

- This introductory screen will run for 30 seconds following by six separate clips lasting about three minutes total. Some of the video has audio and some does not. When possible the video has been translated

- Questions about the tape should be (“refausd”?) to the Department of Defense
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img48.exs.cx/img48/6821/videowaring2invert.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> Image Resized
    [img]http://img48.exs.cx/img48/2171/videowaring2.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Image Resized
    [img]http://img48.exs.cx/img48/4173/videowaringinvert.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'> Image Resized
    [img]http://img48.exs.cx/img48/543/videowaring.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by Ariel_001@14 July 2004 - 22:04
    Ok I got the video working. It has no audio at all. The source seems to be coming from “home-made” VHS tape and there is a logo flickering in the bottom middle (maybe encoded with a trial version codec). The read me seems to hint it comes from the DoD (Department of Defense).

IT'S VIDEO TAKEN WITH A CAMCORDER OWNED BUY THE PERPETRATORS THOSE DUMMY'S PROVIDED THE EVIDENCE FOR THERE OWN PROSECUTION, THE CBC VERIFIED IT'S REAL.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    This story has gotten more milage than a classic Chevy I tell ya. What were those people thinking filming that? I mean it is a given that they are who they are and they made the decision to humiliate and torture the prisoners, just saying if you were going to do it, why film it?

Makes me think of a couple conspiracy theories, like how convenient is it that this tape pops up making headlines for weeks? I can see how that could benefit the left (War for Oil and Human Torture&#33 or the right ( Keep the limelight on Iraq no matter what&#33.

Here is my issue.

Does anybody give a shit about what happens in their own countries jails and prisons? Here in the US, worse than that happens daily. Doesn't excuse it not at all of course. Just another example of how much messed up stuff happens everyday that we overlook and then jump like firecrackers went off when the media presents a particularly moving story.

How many you think are getting convicted for Abu Ghraib?

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@15 July 2004 - 15:15
    This story has gotten more milage than a classic Chevy I tell ya. What were those people thinking filming that? I mean it is a given that they are who they are and they made the decision to humiliate and torture the prisoners, just saying if you were going to do it, why film it?

Makes me think of a couple conspiracy theories, like how convenient is it that this tape pops up making headlines for weeks? I can see how that could benefit the left (War for Oil and Human Torture&#33 or the right ( Keep the limelight on Iraq no matter what&#33.

Here is my issue.

Does anybody give a shit about what happens in their own countries jails and prisons? Here in the US, worse than that happens daily. Doesn't excuse it not at all of course. Just another example of how much messed up stuff happens everyday that we overlook and then jump like firecrackers went off when the media presents a particularly moving story.

-SJ™
    Zero, reversed on appeal after Iraq misadventures are forgotten.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Originally posted by SuperJude™@15 July 2004 - 15:15

Here is my issue.

-SJ™
    SJ

However, surely if video footage were to emerge of ill treatment in US prisons the lawyers would have a field day. In fact a field day of field days.

There were rumours of ill treatment in Iraq and Afghanistan for months but it was the pictures that gave it legs. They were apparently using the pictures to blackmail and intimidate prisoners into talking. I guess the pictures hit the streets because someone was pretty uncomfortable with events as they were developing. I think it would be stretching it to say there was a conspiracy although the exact motivation of the person(s) who blew the whistle might never be known.

The big problem with the abuse is that 1) we were supposed to be the good guys and 2) prisoners actually died under the beatings.

I have seen some apologists for the action concentrating on the rather more prosaic abuses like putting womens underwear on someones head - conveniently ignoring the rape and murder that took place. Although I suppose, by definition, in making apology they are condoning these actions too just no doubt as Saddam would.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    I hope in no way you thought I was justifying anything those people did. I can 100% understand the Army Captain who put a gun to an enemy combatants head to get vital info, as in the midts of battle things are different, but the prison thing was NOT people in the midst of battle.

My point here was that since we went into Iraq, and here were I live in leftist hell, since Afghanistan, it seems what happens here doesn't matter to people. And you wanna know why there are no tapes of Americans being tortured? Cause the C.O's here aren't stupid enough to film what they do.

For instance it comes out that Putnam Correctional Facility in NY State has a chair they strap abberent inmates to just to shock them or beat them. Right here in the US, and they probably still have the chair. Does anybody care?

Nope.

Just saying, when it is all over, remember that it is okay to care what happens elsewhere but damn PLEASE folks don't forget what happens in your own backyard.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40

Saddam Statues Melted Down, Recast
    As Memorial To US Soldiers...

http://usatoday.printthis.clickability.com...&partnerID=1660

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast