Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: New Computer!

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Triadcool@15 July 2004 - 20:03
    just wanted to say, if you want a 9600 and an 8x dvd burner, your going to have to pay 79 dollars shipping
    Why would I have to pay 75 dollars for those 2 parts if its just a upgrade inside the computer?
    are you sure it's an upgrade? i thought they would just package those parts seperate of the already built computer, charge shipping for both, and make u put it together...

oh qwell if im wrong then fine buy it all off ebay.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #42
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+16 July 2004 - 01:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 16 July 2004 - 01:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Triadcool@15 July 2004 - 20:03
    just wanted to say, if you want a 9600 and an 8x dvd burner, your going to have to pay 79 dollars shipping
    Why would I have to pay 75 dollars for those 2 parts if its just a upgrade inside the computer?
    are you sure it&#39;s an upgrade? i thought they would just package those parts seperate of the already built computer, charge shipping for both, and make u put it together...

oh qwell if im wrong then fine buy it all off ebay. [/b][/quote]
    That&#39;s what I thought.

Otherwise there could only be one item so only one shipping charge, so why show a charge for extras?

Shipping and insurance charges is often the way these companies boost their prices for anything they have to "think" about rather than a straight box shift, and I don&#39;t think they pay a percentage to Ebay on shipping and insurance.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #43
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by lynx@15 July 2004 - 20:52
    Otherwise there could only be one item so only one shipping charge, so why show a charge for extras?
    Could be for the keyboard and mouse, and maybe some software you might buy.

&#092;me shrugs.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #44
    Man, there sure are a lot of options but ive finally (i think) have found a great computer for the price and my likings so, HERE it is.
    <span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Msi ms-6330
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    MSI 52X32X52 CD-RW (cr52-m)
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Creative Labs 5.1 Speakers
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #45
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Triadcool@15 July 2004 - 21:40
    Man, there sure are a lot of options but ive finally (i think) have found a great computer for the price and my likings so, HERE it is.
    This computer was mentioned in another thread (by monkeee just a few below this one) and i figured out that a much better system with a better motherboard, worse processor but OCable to higher than the one in that system, quality ram, much better video card, faster hard drive, a dvd burner, for about 590bucks, but this doesn&#39;t include a power supply or a case.
    the stuff is from newegg.com, you would have to build it yourself...

if you don&#39;t want to build then the system u linked to seems OK. Cheap motherboard though, which will probably lead to driver problems when windows is installed.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #46
    How much faster is the Ultra ATA 150 Interface Hard Drive than the Ultra ATA 100 Interface?
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

7. Software & Hardware   -   #47
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Triadcool@16 July 2004 - 05:34
    How much faster is the Ultra ATA 150 Interface Hard Drive than the Ultra ATA 100 Interface?
    The SATA150 interface is runs at a maximum of 1.5Gb/sec, compared to ATA100 running at a maximum 800Mb/sec, so nearly twice as fast.

However, the underlying media transfer rate (between the actual platter and the drive&#39;s cache) will be about the same (assuming both drives have the same spindle speed).

I certainly noticed a small difference, but my SATA drive also had an 8MB cache compared to the 2MB of my previous drive, so I&#39;m not sure how much that affected things.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #48
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    i allready told you what i think bout the HP

the compaq&#39;s ram is OC&#39;ed STANDARD (now that not a good idea, DDR 333 RAM when FSB is 400 (if you do it yourself, sure, but not when compaq does it ))

the Sony is so goddamn expensive due to it having an Intel CPU...... which doesnt really offer any benefit........... plus
    Monitor Sold Separately
    like others said: STAY AWAY FROM THE EBAY CRAP

those are extremly stripped down PC&#39;s they sell to people who dont know shit bout PC&#39;s

please, do yourself a favor........ BUILD YOU OWN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; (or let someone else do it)
    if you can tell us what you want with your PC, im sure we can help you out on this

if you really are desperate for a ready made PC, Dell is good........ i suppose...........
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #49
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Seems to me there are only two viable alternatives here.

The most important factor is that you know exactly what you will end up with.

The option of D.I.Y. gives you total control over the entire process, but also saddles you with total responsibility for making it all work.
    This may not be a challenge you wish to accept.

Buying a pre-built unit is the second option, but for God&#39;s sake, go with a major manufacturer.
    At least with Sony, or Dell, or HP you have the capability of judging the quality based on millions of units and you&#39;re dealing with a company you can reach out and touch.
    These eBay specials are made by people you have never heard of and you cannot assess their reliability or quality.
    I wouldn&#39;t touch an eBay PC with Lynx&#39;s bargepole.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

10. Software & Hardware   -   #50
    Ok, ive turned to upgrading my computer. I want to upgrade my motherboard for around &#036;150, Processor for around &#036;300 - &#036;350, and my memory for around &#036;100. Ive been looking on newegg and just can&#39;t decide what parts are good for the price and stuff. Any help you can give me on finding a part would be very appreciated. Thanks
    Amd Athlon at 1ghz
    896mb Ram pc-133
    Seagate 80gb 7,200 rpm
    Nvidia Geforce MX 420
    21 inch screen
    SoundBlaster 5.1 mp3+
    Xp Pro Sp1</span></span>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast