Thread: File Length Reduction ?

Hi
    I have downloaded a file but it is too long to burn onto an 80 min. cd is their any way of trimming the length of the file ? its an mp3 file by the way.
    Cheers

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    How the hell is an mp3 over 700megs (unless its a album) use "overburn" for upto 705megs BUT cut it slow say 8 speed, should take mine do.
    Otherwise name the file so we know what it is.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    i have a film i have downloaded that is doing this which is a mp 4 but have never heard of a mp3 taking up that length if anyone answers this i'll be very interested. Can i also ask what is overburn????

anxies

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    Perhaps the .mp3 is 80 min. long (???). With an apropirate program you could split it. Magic Music Maker or something.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    i have a film i have downloaded that is doing this which is a mp 4 but have never heard of a mp3 taking up that length if anyone answers this i'll be very interested. Can i also ask what is overburn????
    Overburn is to burn "slightly" more than the disc would normally hold but can also depend on the make of disc ie sony etc some burn better than others in other words.

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=67574
    Is a good read about how to with different files and sizes.

With the movie if it as the end titles and a long begining you can cut these off to make it smaller then it will fit to disc.
    http://www.divxland.org/video_edition.htm#3 - VideoDud tutorial
    Otherwise if it is so big you can't cut then you will have to re-encode it down to fit the disc.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    yeah its a full album and its about 89 mins long !! Eagles. they made some long records those good old country hippies !! I found a program called meda mp3 splitter which breaks it into smaller sections but when i try to play them it gives a message class not registered, don`t know if anyone has come across this ?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    If just Windows gives you the message about not being registered, open a media player of your choice (i.e. WMP) and when asked tell it to open this type of file by default.