Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: How Do You Check To See Who Is

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by vidcc@10 July 2004 - 21:01
    Oh good grief......how silly is this becoming?...sexist comments on one side and intelectual doubts from the other..... this sounds like the childish element of the campaign name calling trail is infecting the board.... this isn't the lounge chaps
    I dont think so, apart from the usual sniping that is

I dont think myself and J2K4 were attacking each other, in fact we appeared to agree that any type of test would favour one party over another.

ergo: Should be no "Tests"

(Ok there was sniping too...but thats the top and bottom of it all, nothing serious.... )

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    I've been getting more political lately, I think its because I took an annoying Sociology class, either that or the fact that I dislike George Bush.

I just turned 17 a month ago, so I won't be voting...

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    I’m probably going to regret this but I have to ask. Why does a 17 year old dislike Bush? Not that age has anything to do with it but young people usually don’t care too much about politics.

In answering my question RTJ I have only one request: No copy and pasting articles. I want your thoughts not what some article that you agree with.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    My daughter's boyfriend (who is 29, and should know better) told me he's going to vote for Kerry because "I think Kerry will do a better job than Bush."

"A better job? How?" I asked.

"I don't know; I just like him better" he replied.

I queried further: "What do you like about him?"

Again he said, "I just like him better."

A deep thinker, there.

I think if I had brow-beaten him, it might have proven fatal, but my daughter would have objected.

She will cancel out his vote, in any case.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@10 July 2004 - 18:15
    I’m probably going to regret this but I have to ask. Why does a 17 year old dislike Bush? Not that age has anything to do with it but young people usually don’t care too much about politics.

probably for the same reasons anyone else dislikes Bush.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by j2k4@10 July 2004 - 20:34
    My daughter's boyfriend (who is 29, and should know better) told me he's going to vote for Kerry because "I think Kerry will do a better job than Bush."

"A better job? How?" I asked.

"I don't know; I just like him better" he replied.

I queried further: "What do you like about him?"

Again he said, "I just like him better."

A deep thinker, there.

I think if I had brow-beaten him, it might have proven fatal, but my daughter would have objected.

She will cancel out his vote, in any case.
    J2 that seems to be the general consensus of Kerry supporters. They know nothing of him or his “proposals” but they’ll vote for him anyway.

On a side note how old is your daughter?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@10 July 2004 - 19:11

J2 that seems to be the general consensus of Kerry supporters. They know nothing of him or his “proposals” but they’ll vote for him anyway.

hmm...... well Hank seeing as you are making this comment about Kerry voters being somehow unaware of anything and apparently Bush voters are right on the button perhaps i could get an answer for a question i asked from a previous thread.

original post

(BigBank_Hank @ 2 July 2004 - 10:03)
    . Kerry has nothing to run on and does nothing but attack the President.

The personality attacks are a 2 way street so i won't debate them as you know i look at policy not personality and i find this character assasination tactic beneath contempt whoever the target.

you say Kerry has nothing to run on. Have you read his manifesto and compared it to Bush's point for point? If you could debate the merrits of each issue for us so we can assertain why you feel this way it would be appreciated....well i would appreciate it

What exactly are you looking for that is missing from the Kerry manifesto that Bush has in his?

The issues are the same for all candidates so could we have a reason why you feel the candidate lacks on their stance not just say they lack.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    I remember that thread and I wanted to comment on it but never got around to it with that being the 4 of July weekend and all. But that’s no excuse so here goes.

The beauty about Kerry is he’s been in the Senate for 20 years so he’s voted on lots of things. Most of the things that he’s “proposing” now he’s was voted against in the past. I’ll give an example. “I John Kerry served in Vietnam so I’m going be strong on national defense” (not an actual quote BTW). In reality Kerry voted against all the major weapon systems that are helping us win the war on terror. For example he voted against: F-117 Nighthawk (Stealth Fighter), M1A1 Abraham’s Tank, also he voted against upgrading body armor for our troops.

I’ve said a lot of things about Kerry but so far I haven’t hammered him on his voting record

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@10 July 2004 - 17:15
    I?m probably going to regret this but I have to ask. Why does a 17 year old dislike Bush? Not that age has anything to do with it but young people usually don?t care too much about politics. 

In answering my question RTJ I have only one request: No copy and pasting articles. I want your thoughts not what some article that you agree with.
    I don't want this to turn into an arguement, but here is my answer.

1. He is a liar.
    2. He seems rather dumb, making grammatical errors and inventing his own words.
    3. For bombing civilians and children for oil profits.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    I know that you don’t want to turn this into a big debate but I think that you are misguided.

1. The President never lied about our cause for invading Iraq. He looked at the evidence he was given a made a hard decision. Remember that congress had to vote to authorize the war.

2. You make think he sounds dumb but he does have a degree from Harvard and an MBA from Yale. He makes while speaking and so do you and I, no one is perfect.

3. We still haven’t taken 1 drop of oil from Iraq.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast