Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adminstrator Options

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hey guys,

I share my computer with 2 other people..when these people surf on internet they download too much crap (god knows what they do with that crap) but that effects my pc alot.

Since these people have started sharing my Pc with me i get so much spyware stuff on my computer.

Now i m tired of all that crap getting on my Pc, so what i m looking for is some kind of software that will give me great options such as: Staying limited time of internet, Users can't download anything from internet, Users can't install anything, Users can't view my files and folders, blocking pron sites (spyware sites)etc etc...

Please help !! :helpsmile: :helpsmile: :helpsmile:

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    i can't think of any software, but here's some useful hardware

i would just teach them to avoid downloading the crap and if they don't listen to you, break their fingers

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by SillyRumours@10 July 2004 - 16:51
    i can't think of any software, but here's some useful hardware

i would just teach them to avoid downloading the crap and if they don't listen to you, break their fingers
    i tried every possible way but they just don't wanna listen to me...
    and BTW i have to share computer with them ! ! (got no other option)

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    If you have XP, change the password on the Administrator account, give your account Adminstrator status and password it (letters and numbers), and give their accounts Guest status.

Also, get Norton Internet Security 2003, install it and set it to use Windows accounts; set yourself as an administrator using password protection (it'll be your Windows passwod) set their accounts to Child or Teenager and go through the site types disallowing the sorta stuff you want to restrict. You can also go through their internet hstories and add unsavoury sites to Norton to block.

There isn't any easy way of stopping them downloading anything really, since you have to download text and images to view them and you'd have to mess around a lot to bar certain filetypes, but you can certainly restrict their activities.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    If you really want to stop all that try using Deep Freeze

It makes *any* changes to your computer temporary.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    ----

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Originally posted by Sparsely@10 July 2004 - 20:32
    ----
    I think he was going to say get firefox and make them use it....

It will help stop with (activex) spyware...

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thank all you guys for your kind response to my big problem that i think would no longer will bother me anymore.

I 'm going to start using: Norton Internet 2004, Firefox ( i have already installed that ), and about Deep Frezee i m just not too certain about it for now.

Once again Thank You !

PS: If there is still something that you guys think will help my computer stay healthy and secured from all that internet crap, you would be welcome to post reply here !!

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Hey I feel your pain I have a wife and 3 little ones sharing mine . You just have to stay on top of things . I run nsw2003, spybot, zonealarm, regseeker, system mechanic. I run windows update faithfully. Never had virus , or spyware problem. My problem is their changing my desk top ever day. I put the BSOD screen saver on to scare them in to submission. It worked

Edit: I spend most of my computer time, doing maintaince on the bloody thing .

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by peat moss@11 July 2004 - 02:48
    I spend most of my computer time, doing maintaince on the bloody thing .
    I hear you, Peat. I hear you good
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast