Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emule File Corruption

Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    ever since i got my wireless network setup and used emule over its taking ages to download films, and they always keep coming up that the part is corrupted, at the moment i have a file that is 700 megs and ive tranferred 600, but only got 180megs, and has lost 70% to corruption, has anyone else hadd problems with emule since going wireless, and any ways to help?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    With Emule if you have a corrupt chunk it should automaticly re-dll that for a good one...always has for me and going wireless should not make a difference.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    from wat i've heard...some of the corrupted parts u get might come from the bad ips. these bad ips i talked about consist of RIAA, MPAA and etc.

at the moment, i'm still trying to find a good way to block them out since all my downloads keep getting corrupted over and over again.

gildan2020
    Please be kind to the noobs...we were once them after all

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    in emule

Preferences > Security. where it says I.P Filter, Update from URL

paste this address in the box and press the Load button

Code:
    http://bluetack.co.uk/config/antip2p.txt
    This will give you a good IP blocking list.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    i'm using the version from edskes site, which has i.p filters already in it,
    the thing is it never seems to get a good chunk,

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

is this happening with just one particular file, or everything you try to download?
    I get bad chunks sometimes, (like recently with s1ep1 of Twin Peaks) and they take forever to d/l, but that's just something that happens on occasion, and I think it has something to do with the file itself.

anyway, it just happens sometimes, but if it seems to be like...all the time, then I'd try a different client. I don't know what's on the edskes site, but I'd just get one from emule-project.net or go get one of the modded versions from their forum.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Are you using the Sygate firewall?

Some versions of it cause corruption troubles with eMule.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    nope, no firewall software, or anti-virus running, infatc the only thing running is emule.

since going wireless this is the only thing ive tried to donwload, so far ive transferred 740mb of a 700mb file, and only go 200megs worth of it complete.

i'll try a few other things.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    eMule > preferences > connection

disable UDP

That might help. TCP protocol has error correction, I am not sure if UDP has too.

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    right, disabled udp, changed the tcp port, and not using the kad network now, i'll see if that helps, if not i'll just have to try it using one of the wired points on the router, and just plug it in there when using emule.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast