Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Dems Refuse To Release Tape Of Hatefest

Kerry still will not release the tape of all the Hollywood has-beens spouting their inane and childish remarks. He knows full well that if this tape ever sees the light of day that his goose is cooked. Liberals exposed themselves for who they really are: a bunch of mean-spirited elitist who are so devoid of ideas they have to resort to name calling. I thought liberals were the most compasionate among us? (Naturally, the Kerry camp blamed Bush for inspiring such bile amongst liberals) And then Kerry said that the performers represented the values of America. Then let America be the judge.
    I still find it quite hilarious that a bunch of college dropouts like Michael Moore, George Clooney, Whoopi Goldberg, Mellencamp, etc... continue to call Bush stupid despite the fact that Bush has a degree from Yale and a MBA from Harvard. But then again, the opposition said the exact same things about Lincoln, Eisenhower, and Reagan

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    may i ask you what the hell this has to do with the actual election? I hate conservatives and their bullshit &#39;values&#39; agenda. you refuse to focuse on anything but that some progressives use mean words when they talk about chimpy. WHAT THE FUCK ABOUT JOBS, HEALTHCARE, THE DAMN ECONOMY. but of course its more important to launch campaigns so kerry gets caught saying bad things or with the bad crowd. About these people reflecting america - hell, i bet they didnt go half as far as i would have.

btw - do you think most americans support bush running hateful ads about kerry absolutely everywhere?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by rollwave@12 July 2004 - 02:56
    Kerry still will not release the tape of all the Hollywood has-beens spouting their inane and childish remarks. He knows full well that if this tape ever sees the light of day that his goose is cooked. Liberals exposed themselves for who they really are: a bunch of mean-spirited elitist who are so devoid of ideas they have to resort to name calling. I thought liberals were the most compasionate among us? (Naturally, the Kerry camp blamed Bush for inspiring such bile amongst liberals) And then Kerry said that the performers represented the values of America. Then let America be the judge.
    I still find it quite hilarious that a bunch of college dropouts like Michael Moore, George Clooney, Whoopi Goldberg, Mellencamp, etc... continue to call Bush stupid despite the fact that Bush has a degree from Yale and a MBA from Harvard. But then again, the opposition said the exact same things about Lincoln, Eisenhower, and Reagan
    Damn Hank can&#39;t you do better than that?&#33;&#33;&#33;

How about the release of some important documents hmmmm?

Thread closed.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Rollwave -

Thanks for the bile and babble - as someone who lives somewhere out side of the United States of America, your post has told me absolutly jack shit about whatever it is you seem to be upset about. I gather it has to do with something to do with the US elections and some type of mud-slinging, but that was all I could understand.

Edit - I read it again and managed to glean some new insight. George W Bush IS stupid. It doesn&#39;t matter what type of education he purchased, he is still stupid.

I know a doctor who went bankrupt a few months ago. I read in the paper about a guy with a degree in Business who was charged with murder. I met a guy who arrived in Australia 20 years ago after droping out of high school with 50 pounds in his pocket who now has &#036;90 mil worth of assets. Tertiary qualifications are no way to judge somebody&#39;s ability do things. If Bush had a PhD in Presidency, you could tell me to get stuffed, but he doesn&#39;t.

His "qualifications" didn&#39;t seem to help him in his business ventures, did they? Bit of a disaster really, weren&#39;t they?

Bush comes from a rich family and bought or bullshited his way into pretty much everything he has done so far.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    And once again, I have to say SOURCES? Sorry, but for every unbacked subjective post I see you make rollwave your ability to make a valid argument seems less and less.

I&#39;ll give an example - How about a study a couple of years ago on the IQ of the past twelve presidents?

In a report published Monday, the Lovenstein Institute of Scranton, Pennsylvania, detailed its findings of a four-month study of the intelligence quotient of President George W. Bush.

Since 1973, the Lovenstein Institute has published its research to the educational community on each new president, which includes the famous "IQ" report among others. There have been twelve presidents over the past 60 years, from F.D. Roosevelt to G.W. Bush, who were rated based on scholarly achievements, writings that they produced without aid of staff, their ability to speak with clarity, and several other psychological factors, which were then scored using the Swanson/Crain system of intelligence ranking.

The study determined the following IQs of each president as accurate to within five percentage points:

182 .. William J. Clinton (D)
    175 .. James E. Carter (D)
    174 .. John F. Kennedy (D)
    155 .. Richard M. Nixon ®
    147 .. Franklin D. Roosevelt (D)
    132 .. Harry Truman (D)
    126 .. Lyndon B. Johnson ( D)
    122 .. Dwight D. Eisenhower ®
    121 .. Gerald Ford ®
    105 .. Ronald Reagan ®
    098 .. George Bush ®
    091 .. George W. Bush ®

The six Republican presidents of the past 50 years had an average IQ of 115.5, with President Nixon having the highest at 155. President G.W. Bush rated the lowest of all the Republicans with an IQ of 91.

The six Democrat presidents had IQs with an average of 156, with President Clinton having the highest IQ, at 182. President Lyndon B. Johnson was rated the lowest of all the Democrats with an IQ of 126.

No president other than Carter (D) has released his actual IQ, 176.

Among comments made concerning the specific testing of President GW Bush, his low ratings are due to his apparently difficult command of the English language in public statements, his limited use of vocabulary (6,500 words for Bush versus an average of 11,000 words for other presidents), his lack of scholarly achievements other than a basic MBA, and an absence of any body of work which could be studied on an intellectual basis. The complete report documents the methods and procedures used to arrive at these ratings, including depth of sentence structure and voice stress confidence analysis.

"All the Presidents prior to George W. Bush had at least one book under their belt, and most had written several white papers during their education or early careers. Not so with President Bush," Dr. Lovenstein said. "He has no published works or writings, which made it more difficult to arrive at an assessment. We relied more heavily on transcripts of his unscripted public speaking." The Lovenstein Institute of Scranton Pennsylvania think tank includes high caliber historians, psychiatrists, sociologists, scientists in human behavior, and psychologists. Among their ranks are Dr. Werner R. Lovenstein, world-renowned sociologist, and Professor Patricia F. Dilliams,a world-respected psychiatrist.

This study was commissioned on February 13, 2001 and released on July 9, 2001 to subscribing member universities and organizations within the educational community
    Source

Education doesn&#39;t mean anything like it used to - It can unfortunately be bought a lot easier than being earned. True interlectual ability however can be more of a benefit to presidents, but it isn&#39;t what you have but what you do with it

EDIT: The study has since been found to be a hoax (dammit&#33; ), thanks for moga for letting me know about that. Didn&#39;t help that I got it a while back from the Guardian myself

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Kerry still will not release the tape of all the Hollywood has-beens spouting their inane and childish remarks. He knows full well that if this tape ever sees the light of day that his goose is cooked.
    When Bush/Cheney release tapes of their fund raising events then I&#39;ll join you in your crusade.

BTW, Michael Moore is a "Hollywood has-been"?
    Interesting definition.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Originally posted by Busyman@12 July 2004 - 02:48

Thread closed.
    Once again Busyman you are wrong. I am not one of the childish people who make alternate accounts and start trouble. I have but one account and you know for yourself that I’m not the type of person to run away from a fight.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank+12 July 2004 - 12:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigBank_Hank @ 12 July 2004 - 12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Busyman@12 July 2004 - 02:48

Thread closed. &nbsp; &nbsp;
    Once again Busyman you are wrong. I am not one of the childish people who make alternate accounts and start trouble. I have but one account and you know for yourself that I’m not the type of person to run away from a fight. [/b][/quote]
    True dat&#33;&#33; I just thought it was funny.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    what about the tape of the bush fundraiser with all the fat cats where he says, "some people call you the haves and the have mores - I call you my base". Great values there.

(i might have gotten the quote slightly wrong, but its pretty much that)
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by clocker@12 July 2004 - 08:20
    Kerry still will not release the tape of all the Hollywood has-beens spouting their inane and childish remarks. He knows full well that if this tape ever sees the light of day that his goose is cooked.
    When Bush/Cheney release tapes of their fund raising events then I&#39;ll join you in your crusade.

If you could create a demand for the release of such tapes, I&#39;m sure the Republicans wouldn&#39;t balk; so far, though, I&#39;ve heard nothing.

It would seem the tape of the Dem fund-raiser would have more market appeal because of it&#39;s "star" content.

As Kerry said, "....their expressions of American values...." etc., etc.

I know what Republicans say about family values, and I&#39;m pretty sure I could guess what Whoopi Goldberg would say, but I&#39;d like to hear it from the horse&#39;s a....I mean, mouth, y&#39;know?

Seriously-if they were honestly expressing American values, what harm?

We are all very well aware how the lives of these Hollywood people resemble ours, right?

I&#39;m sure we all feel the same way.....
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast