Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kl++ 2.4.3 Has Spyware?

Hi all,

I checked the forum as much as I could but couldn't find an answer for this so sorry if it's been covered already. When I do a spyware scan with Pest Patrol about eight Kazaa adwares show up. When I delete them Kazaa won't run and I have to reinstall. Is some of the adware ok to delete and others you need to run the program? I've been told Kazaa Lite doesn't have spyware but this has me wondering now.

Is this normal?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Kazaa lite does not have spyware or adware, try running a real spy/adware detection/removal program such as Adaware or Spybot S&D

~Digital Nirvana

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Originally posted by Emmanuel@13 July 2004 - 19:47
    Hi all,

I checked the forum as much as I could but couldn't find an answer for this so sorry if it's been covered already. When I do a spyware scan with Pest Patrol about eight Kazaa adwares show up. When I delete them Kazaa won't run and I have to reinstall. Is some of the adware ok to delete and others you need to run the program? I've been told Kazaa Lite doesn't have spyware but this has me wondering now.

Is this normal?
    I've been using K++ for more than a year now, and still do from time to time, and no one of the spyware scanners I've used (be it Adaware, Spybot S&D or Spysweeper) have found anything...

Since the demise of the original K++, there have been countless version available on the interweb who claim they are K++ 2.4.3 but aren't.

So, where did you get it from?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Thanks for the quick replies. First of all, are you saying Pest Patrol is shit and I should be using something else Digital Nirvana?

Gurahl, that might be the problem. I think I downloaded it off an obscure site when it was almost impossible to find a site to download Klite on the net. Where is a reliable site to download it from ?

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Originally posted by Emmanuel@13 July 2004 - 19:03
    Thanks for the quick replies. First of all, are you saying Pest Patrol is shit and I should be using something else Digital Nirvana? 

Gurahl, that might be the problem. I think I downloaded it off an obscure site when it was almost impossible to find a site to download Klite on the net. Where is a reliable site to download it from ?
    I would highly recommend you try Adaware (freeware), or Spybot S&D (freeware,
    Get k++2.4.3 here

~Digital Nirvana

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Originally posted by Emmanuel@13 July 2004 - 20:03

As for your spyware problem, you'd better use Spysweeper. It the best there is, but you've got to pay for it... Or use the cracked version available at suprnova

edit: damn, too slow again! Nirvana posted the same link to K++

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by Gurahl@13 July 2004 - 19:11
    As for your spyware problem, you'd better use Spysweeper. It the best there is, but you've got to pay for it... Or use the cracked version available at suprnova

Not always, I have SpySweeper too and sometimes it finds things Adware doesnt, yet sometimes Adaware finds things Spysweeper doesnt...I would recommend using them in conjuction.

~Digital Nirvana

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Digital Nirvana@13 July 2004 - 20:15
    Not always, I have SpySweeper too and sometimes it finds things Adware doesnt, yet sometimes Adaware finds things Spysweeper doesnt...I would recommend using them in conjuction.

~Digital Nirvana
    Yep, maybe...

But anything except Pestpatrol!

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Originally posted by Gurahl@13 July 2004 - 19:18
    But anything except Pestpatrol!
    yup

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Thanks for the help guys. I downloaded the 2.4.4 version off of this forum so hopefully that is safe. I loaded it and scanned with Pest Patrol and still got 6 hits for Adware. I will try the Adaware software and see if that is better.

While you're here, I also have a program called Kazaa Accelerator 1.3/Sharemonkey. What is it for and is it worth installing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast