Thread: Adobe Photoshop Help Required

masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    hi,
    i am currently attempting to create a logo which has text on it... is it possible to give the text it's own background which is a different colour from the rest of the background? and if so then how does i go about doing so?

any help will be appreciated

Masta.z! :music1:

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    you need to create a seperate layer for the background for the text and then a sepertae layer for the whole background. then you would put the text background on the main (whole background). then add the text layer.

get it now?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by chinook_apache@12 July 2004 - 16:56
    you need to create a seperate layer for the background for the text and then a sepertae layer for the whole background. then you would put the text background on the main (whole background). then add the text layer.

get it now?
    i thinks i gets that.... i'll go try and let ya know how it works out, thanx

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Regular Member BT Rep: +5
    yeah no probs working with layers is fast and easy to edit...if need be, but you must remember to save as .psd