Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You Are Making It Difficult

Forum Star
    Originally posted by namzuf9+13 July 2004 - 00:39--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (namzuf9 &#064; 13 July 2004 - 00:39)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-pol@13 July 2004 - 01:31
    weird about 13 votes, must have been a &#39;forum star&#39; i suppose

and i haven&#39;t seen it described as a "vast" majority, everyone knows the team was split over it
    Should a "Forum Stars&#39; " opinion be given more merit than a normal member?

If the team was that "split" about the matter why was a banning carried out regardless of both the mod teams and common users feelings?

Does&#39;nt seem quite right to me.[/b][/quote]
    as i said i&#39;m not sure about the 13th vote

the decision wasn&#39;t carried out without the mods opinions. a poll is the last resort when something cant be decided otherwise, and as all the mods (and more it seems), voted then it has to go with the majority - and everyone who has been banned has mates so the decision has to come down to sticking to the rules, so it&#39;s fair for everyone

*Edited to add the poll was started before 2 of the mods changed to the &#39;forum star&#39; group

*Edit 2, sorry, didn&#39;t notice your edit RP

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Mathea@12 July 2004 - 18:17
    w/e. im not in team chat so I dont know first hand
    Exactly&#33;

Since regular members aren&#39;t actively following what goes on in team chat and what previous actions mods have taken with members who misbehave, you cannot have the same perspective as the mod team.

The team tries to do work here and just about every time there is the same questions about details, details and more details needed before the subject gets dropped. Then a week later another member, who doesn&#39;t bother to read, comes along again a asks something like "Why was so and so put on moderation?". The mods are volonteers and you act as if they owe you an explanation. They have already done more efforts with this than they should. This shit never ends.

Sure the team can make mistakes but overall they are right. Just let them do their jobs for once.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    great. lovely. to say that hte rules are consistantly enforced is a joke. furthermore you&#39;re right, they do volunteer, though some seem to weild their power a little more heavy handed than the rest. some also dont seem to be able to admit when they are wrong, but I guess that is for another time.

Like i said earlier, it seems as though before there would be disagreements, but everyone worked as a team.. now there is open disagreement, and rather than be open minded and perhaps admit to hasty action, everyone is met with the same response, which is crap.

congrats. you volunteer to run the board. it used to be that it was a job well done. maybe its time that some ppl are put in check and take a look at what they say/do and see how they dont quite fit right.

and without members, there would be no board. what happened? as soon as someone gave u ur shiny blue stars you figured you were more important than the rest? as for forum stars having a vote, how cute is that... they count more than the rest (as someone already pointed out).

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by Withcheese+12 July 2004 - 19:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese @ 12 July 2004 - 19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sparsely@13 July 2004 - 00:38

the large majority of the &#39;community&#39; couldn&#39;t really give a fuck less.

Did you poll them all or did you just make that up? [/b][/quote]
    it is spelled out clearly by their complete absence from this thread.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Yeah Mathea

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Sparsely+13 July 2004 - 01:00--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparsely @ 13 July 2004 - 01:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@12 July 2004 - 19:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-Sparsely
    @13 July 2004 - 00:38

the large majority of the &#39;community&#39; couldn&#39;t really give a fuck less.

Did you poll them all or did you just make that up?
    it is spelled out clearly by their complete absence from this thread. [/b][/quote]
    You of course know that we have all been put on moderation...apart from you, Mathea and DanB...

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by pol@13 July 2004 - 01:31

and i haven&#39;t seen it described as a "vast" majority, everyone knows the team was split over it
    Then perhaps Error could stop pointing out that the "majority" voted for a ban. If we discount that queer 13th vote, it would&#39;ve been split 50/50.

Want to address this point, without re-opening the thread. Mine was the last vote, because the poll had not been added to the topic before I moved. Also, at the time of the vote, BOT and RTJ were part of the team, I am just assumiong that Brian did not vote
    things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by Mathea@13 July 2004 - 00:59
    great. lovely. to say that hte rules are consistantly enforced is a joke. furthermore you&#39;re right, they do volunteer, though some seem to weild their power a little more heavy handed than the rest. some also dont seem to be able to admit when they are wrong, but I guess that is for another time.

Like i said earlier, it seems as though before there would be disagreements, but everyone worked as a team.. now there is open disagreement, and rather than be open minded and perhaps admit to hasty action, everyone is met with the same response, which is crap.

congrats. you volunteer to run the board. it used to be that it was a job well done. maybe its time that some ppl are put in check and take a look at what they say/do and see how they dont quite fit right.

and without members, there would be no board. what happened? as soon as someone gave u ur shiny blue stars you figured you were more important than the rest? as for forum stars having a vote, how cute is that... they count more than the rest (as someone already pointed out).
    yeah well some members just dont want to listen either for whatever reasons. you&#39;re moaning about keeping rules consistent - how are we supposed to do that if we make exceptions to them to suit you

nice sig btw

have fun

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+13 July 2004 - 01:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 13 July 2004 - 01:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-pol@13 July 2004 - 01:31

Then perhaps Error could stop pointing out that the "majority" voted for a ban. If we discount that queer 13th vote, it would&#39;ve been split 50/50.

[/b][/quote]
    Recount&#33;

Vote again. And this time do it by posting in a Team Chat Thread so no-one can "queer" it up.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Mathea's Avatar The Blonde Alibi BT Rep: +5
    funny thing is it was approved

actually, it was removed, and there was a group discussion about it which i was at as well as several mods.... where it was agreed if I made it smaller (to fit board rules thank you very much) I could keep it

then again you ought to know that as it was posted in team chat

but yeah, it is rather isnt it?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast