Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: License Accusation, How Can I Do It

muchspl2
    how do they do it, like if I wanted to release a movie/mp3 could I make people goto my site

is it all just drm

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    I dunno..wonderd that myself. Strangely enough, it just happened with .wmv's and pr0n movies. I got tired of all of the "Acquire License" thing with Kazaa, so I just blocked all .wmv's.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Turkishjade's Avatar Gunny
    I know that Ulead's Pro product has the latest WMV capabilities built in.

If they have it, I would assume that any PRO version of any authoring software would have it too. I'll check though.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Turkishjade's Avatar Gunny
    You know, I don't want to sound impolite....but the only people who 'ave ever redirected me in a video are prOn and internet TV prOn via winAmp.

Isn't it a bit more polite to spend the 2 or 3 seconds to display a banner in your video with your internet address for people to type in?

Believe me, if the video is good enough, I type it in. I've done it at least 20 or 30 times....even when it was convoluted and had tildes and dashes in it.

Just a thought.....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Originally posted by Turkishjade@13 July 2004 - 00:01
    You know, I don't want to sound impolite....but the only people who 'ave ever redirected me in a video are prOn and internet TV prOn via winAmp.

Isn't it a bit more polite to spend the 2 or 3 seconds to display a banner in your video with your internet address for people to type in?

Believe me, if the video is good enough, I type it in. I've done it at least 20 or 30 times....even when it was convoluted and had tildes and dashes in it.

Just a thought.....
    I don't mean to sound impolite But I don't understand a word you just said.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Turkishjade@13 July 2004 - 01:01

Just a thought.....
    wtf is with "pr0n".

What's with the obsession of typing soo berdy with people onthis board (no offence).

pwned
    owned
    sux0rs
    l33t
    ph34r
    hax0r

WTF!? such gay words. Hate people that use them. ffs (no offence lol)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    muchspl2
    d0n't be a h4t3r
    on topic, we should know how they do it, its being used against us and I have no idea
    other than drm is involved

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    windows media encoder

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by muchspl2@13 July 2004 - 01:21
    how do they do it, like if I wanted to release a movie/mp3 could I make people goto my site

is it all just drm
    Just say no to DRM!!!!! After reading what can be done with DRM I have very cold chills going down my back..

Start and End Times
    Content providers can create specific playback time periods for their digital media files. For example, a rental model could be established where consumers could play back a streaming media file during a three-day period. This time period may begin some time in the future and last for a limited duration.

Playback Duration
    Content providers can specify an amount of time during which playback of a given digital media file is permitted. This time period may begin the first time the file is played.

Counted Operations
    The single play or limited play option is extremely useful in providing digital media files that the consumer can preview a limited number of times.

Anyways more detail is here...

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...a/drm/faq.aspx

Basically you need to do two things.

1. Encrypt the file with a key.
    2. Set up a place where people can download the key. i.e a “License Server”

It also looks like you can sign up here but I would not touch this shit with a 100 m stick....

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsme.../licensing.aspx

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+13 July 2004 - 06:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 13 July 2004 - 06:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Turkishjade@13 July 2004 - 01:01
    You know, I don&#39;t want to sound impolite....but the only people who &#39;ave ever redirected me in a video are prOn and internet TV prOn via winAmp.

Isn&#39;t it a bit more polite to spend the 2 or 3 seconds to display a banner in your video with your internet address for people to type in?&nbsp;

Believe me, if the video is good enough, I type it in.&nbsp; I&#39;ve done it at least 20 or 30 times....even when it was convoluted and had tildes and dashes in it.&nbsp;

Just a thought.....
    wtf is with "pr0n".

What&#39;s with the obsession of typing soo berdy with people onthis board (no offence).

pwned
    owned
    sux0rs
    l33t
    ph34r
    hax0r

WTF&#33;? such gay words. Hate people that use them. ffs (no offence lol) [/b][/quote]
    take some of your own medicine and quit saying teh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast