Thread: New P2p Program?

hello, i've been downloading from P2P for a few years now, started with napster. i don't know much about how it works and all but i was reading some of the forums and was thinking. maybe i can create a new P2P program thats very very hard for people to get caught on. a more secure way to share files. i only have 1 year in the basics of C++. any other programmers out there (with a little more knowledge than me on how kazaa works and C++) think this is a good idea or a logical and probable (sp?) plan?

i like the idea of sharing files but dont like the fines.

anyone care to chat with me on msn or AIM mesenger about this?

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I think p2p security is hard to come by.. wouldn't you have to setup your own server and have people connect to it, it would be pretty expensive

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    well what if you could find away to compress files or to make it not seem as tho you are downloading a lot and using a lot of bandwidth. then your ISP would have no reason to question you. make the program so that if you don't have xx many files shared you can't download any. wouldn't this keep out the fake users with fake mp3s?

just a few ideas i came up with.

kazaa doesn't use a server does it?

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Originally posted by spyda05@13 July 2004 - 19:56
    well what if you could find away to compress files or to make it not seem as tho you are downloading a lot and using a lot of bandwidth. then your ISP would have no reason to question you. make the program so that if you don't have xx many files shared you can't download any. wouldn't this keep out the fake users with fake mp3s?

just a few ideas i came up with.

kazaa doesn't use a server does it?
    An ISP should never question the amount of bandwith we use,imo.
    We pay for it so we use it.And they shouldn't care less.

But other than that;
    I think there are plenty of p2p apps already.
    No need for a new one.

hmm...asspie