Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rpg Games (squaresoft)

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    FF7 Definately, not as good graphics as 10 but the gameplay and extra side quests definately made up for it, Probably impossibe to complete 100% without a walkthrough though.

Ive completed ff7 5times, 8 once, 9 once, and 10 once, for OTT killing moves then its got to be 10, you can take 300,000 - 500,000 hitpoints off with one overdrive if you build your charechters up enough in the monster arena, and some of the monsters have like 10,000,000 Hit points and the dark aeons are solid especially the magus sisters if ou have not got full stats, but with full stats the last boss just takes 1 shot to kill so that spoils the fun a bit.

There are different thigs that are good about all of their games:

FF7: Gold saucer, Breeding Chocobos and the many many sidequests including the Weapons (Big Huge Monsters) and materia.

FF8: The graphics are not cutesy like the others and the card game, if you get good at this you can spend hours playing this alone.

FF9: Again sidequests, chocobo digging to get a better chocobo, and the skipping (bloody hard over 300, my record 680, realy wanted the 1000 though)

FF10: Graphics, The sphere Grid, 1 hit can = 99,000 HP off the enemy, with overdrive 300,000-500,000, the Aeons, white and dark ones are brilliant if you get there stats up full, The Monster arena, Bloody hard unless you know the King Tonnberry trick, then its slightly easier if you fight the King Tonberry a lot to get your stats up, Blitzball is excellent, they could have made a game just of that like fifa. The only downside i can see with 10 is it is very linear for most of the game until you get the airship and then thats when it either gets good for you or totally boring, depends if you think you can fly it like in the other games because you cant, you just click on the map and the ship goes there.

Hope this helps in your decision

stoi

2. Games   -   #12
    dungen siege it a good, and nice game

3. Games   -   #13
    ff7 is the best rpg ever made, it's the storyline that counts in rpg not grapics or anything else and ff7 has a storyline to die for and you can never beat it.

4. Games   -   #14
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    FF7 certainly has a good storyline, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's the best ever made.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

5. Games   -   #15
    Poster
    Xenogears mainly because of the great storyline, and it's length. I cant think of any game on the market like Xenogears (Except maybe Front Mission 3, but that's a different story.) Xenogears has two modes of battle, unlike most rpgs, you can pilot a large gear to defeat enemies, or battle on foot. There are many other reasons why I like it, but you seem to be stuck on final fantasy, personally I never saw what was so great about the game.

6. Games   -   #16
    iMartin's Avatar ♥Home Grown♥ BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Its pretty easy to guess which is my favorite

7. Games   -   #17
    Cerebral Voudew's Avatar Member
    i would have to say my favorite RPG by square or form anyone for that matter would have to be Tales of Phantasia (it is a jpa translation) for the snes.... it did slighty use voice withe the next which was unheard at the time... also it has a side scrolling real-time battle scheme with skills that is really cool.. You used to be able to get it from www.oneminuteleft.com but i dont know the status of this site ... but yes i would reccomend this if you havent lpayed it and i would reccomend youi play it again if you already have =D

8. Games   -   #18
    Originally posted by Jowy@26 March 2003 - 14:17
    Xenogears mainly because of the great storyline, and it's length. I cant think of any game on the market like Xenogears (Except maybe Front Mission 3, but that's a different story.) Xenogears has two modes of battle, unlike most rpgs, you can pilot a large gear to defeat enemies, or battle on foot. There are many other reasons why I like it, but you seem to be stuck on final fantasy, personally I never saw what was so great about the game.
    u seem like a guy that may of played tales of destiny two. ive played it three times and im not shitin, it was different every time and it takes about 70 hours. I think this is the best rpg ever made, but they may be a poblem with it 4 its made by namco.

9. Games   -   #19
    Originally posted by Cerebral Voudew@27 March 2003 - 13:46
    i would have to say my favorite RPG by square or form anyone for that matter would have to be Tales of Phantasia (it is a jpa translation) for the snes.... it did slighty use voice withe the next which was unheard at the time... also it has a side scrolling real-time battle scheme with skills that is really cool.. You used to be able to get it from www.oneminuteleft.com but i dont know the status of this site ... but yes i would reccomend this if you havent lpayed it and i would reccomend youi play it again if you already have =D
    have u played tales of destiny 2 4 the ps1. its the same game as phantasia but no2 it has the same theme and shit, like gummies and the same battle system. i got stuck with it on the snes because i couldent find a captain to get a ride

10. Games   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by stoi@25 March 2003 - 10:07
    FF7 Definately, not as good graphics as 10 but the gameplay and extra side quests definately made up for it, Probably impossibe to complete 100% without a walkthrough though.

Ive completed ff7 5times, 8 once, 9 once, and 10 once, for OTT killing moves then its got to be 10, you can take 300,000 - 500,000 hitpoints off with one overdrive if you build your charechters up enough in the monster arena, and some of the monsters have like 10,000,000 Hit points and the dark aeons are solid especially the magus sisters if ou have not got full stats, but with full stats the last boss just takes 1 shot to kill so that spoils the fun a bit.

There are different thigs that are good about all of their games:

FF7: Gold saucer, Breeding Chocobos and the many many sidequests including the Weapons (Big Huge Monsters) and materia.

FF8: The graphics are not cutesy like the others and the card game, if you get good at this you can spend hours playing this alone.

FF9: Again sidequests, chocobo digging to get a better chocobo, and the skipping (bloody hard over 300, my record 680, realy wanted the 1000 though)

FF10: Graphics, The sphere Grid, 1 hit can = 99,000 HP off the enemy, with overdrive 300,000-500,000, the Aeons, white and dark ones are brilliant if you get there stats up full, The Monster arena, Bloody hard unless you know the King Tonnberry trick, then its slightly easier if you fight the King Tonberry a lot to get your stats up, Blitzball is excellent, they could have made a game just of that like fifa. The only downside i can see with 10 is it is very linear for most of the game until you get the airship and then thats when it either gets good for you or totally boring, depends if you think you can fly it like in the other games because you cant, you just click on the map and the ship goes there.

Hope this helps in your decision

stoi
    This guy knows his f*cking shit I totally agree with him on all his points. He pointed out the biggest and best features of the FF games.

I know its pretty crazy ass when you get the ultimate weapons for your characters you break the 9999 mark. The Overdrives were hella tight. One problem about them was that if you got considerally powerful the last boss was just a joke, I think i killed his ass in a couple hits.

I thought FF8 was excellent. I loved the plot and I thought it was a really cool game.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast