Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Private File Library At Fst?

I'm not sure hosting the files is worth the risk involved. I mean how many of us are really fluent in the currents laws? Can any of us say with absolute authority that this would be a safe thing for you to do?

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    i dont consider this a very good idea. maybe a private BT tracker, but an ftp or any server would just put the site in jeopardy. Also, what is the point? I hate to be harsh, but what exactly would be the benefits besides high download speeds?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    If it&#39;s private and for a relatively small group of people, then there shouldn&#39;t be any legal problems (even though strictly speaking hosting warez is illegal).

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    Tikibonbon's Avatar It'll Get Ya Drunk!
    Originally posted by Error403@14 July 2004 - 12:47
    If it&#39;s private and for a relatively small group of people, then there shouldn&#39;t be any legal problems (even though strictly speaking hosting warez is illegal).
    Isn&#39;t this what we already have on Soulseek? hehehehehe
    http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Green%20Lantern/GreenLantern_ION.gif

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Instead of FTP we could have Private Bittorrent Tracker that way you will also get fast transfers

if FTP or Private Bittorrent Tracker do go up ill be a really big contributer i have sooo much stuff lying around so Count me in

My Blog
    I'm still here.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    There are a few concerns I have about this Mr. B.

This "guy" you were talking to, do you know him well? I would&#39;nt like to see you get set up.
    Whats to stop members giving out the server address and password to other peeps, even if its not done with malicious intent it would still present a security risk.
    I can see the way members are selected for access causing a problem, people bitching and what not.
    Have you thought of how you&#39;ll get all the latest warez/games/movies/music on there? Are there enough users with access to the above that have a hefty enough upload to make it worthwhile using?
    Is&#39;nt this gonna cost a fair few &#036;&#39;s to run.

Personally I think a tracker would be a better idea as it takes a lot of the responsblity
    away from you if the the shit hits the fan.
    Free Sam4&#33;

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    Site Owner
    How would we go about setting up a tracker. I have the least bit of knowledge in this.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    vap0r
    I am able to get all my warez at 0day through 5-7 .edu lines that are supplied by release groups (deviance, creed, etc). There are many different ways to restrict just certain people from getting on the ftp, one is through ip restriction, but the main way would be through credidation. If you are rewarded with access to the ftp/s then you would receive a certain amount of credits per thing you do (a credit is the amount of downloading you can do, ie: 1000mb of credits). So first off why would you want to share those credits with someone who didn&#39;t deserve them?

I have ran/helped run 2 file sharing websites, along with the running of a ircd network, webhosting company, gaming company, and I run my own freebsd 800gb+ server.

If you would like to talk to me in person you can contact me on aim at vapor iz me or icq at 78938970.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@14 July 2004 - 16:34
    How would we go about setting up a tracker. I have the least bit of knowledge in this.
    msn me Brian....

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    @Brian...

we dont really need a Tracker check this out.. http://trackers.thebeehive.me.uk/

i used to hav a tracker of my own...(to help out suprnova) but i had to stop since i was using windows (u need linux for 1800+ connections windows does not allow u to hav alot because they hav diff OS for servers... Windows Server 2003)

also another problem with my tracker was that i only had 1computer

but i think we shud just use http://trackers.thebeehive.me.uk/ (the website owner is a friend of mine)

EDIT: forgot to explain wt the website is about... the website has a big list of working trackers which we all can use without making our own

My Blog
    I'm still here.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast