Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Private File Library At Fst?

BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    and this section should for broadband and high speed users.
    cuz 56 or ISDN users will be worthless to join the ftp servers.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #52
    Originally posted by bawa@Klite_user@22 July 2004 - 07:39
    My connection is just above ISDN (150K to be precise), but why can't anyone share files if they want to?
    I am always grateful for people who share files, even if it is slow. It's the thought that counts.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #53
    Originally posted by Sparkle1984+23 July 2004 - 17:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sparkle1984 @ 23 July 2004 - 17:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bawa@Klite_user@22 July 2004 - 07:39
    My connection is just above ISDN (150K to be precise), but why can&#39;t anyone share files if they want to?
    I am always grateful for people who share files, even if it is slow. It&#39;s the thought that counts. [/b][/quote]
    Sure its good for everyone to share files....but when i get stuck with one source/seed and its a dialup user....dont get me started....and no matter how much you want to deny it, dial up users contribute basically nothing to any network, with there measley upstream...however some dialup users can get 5-6kb on downloads so it only takes about 20minutes to download a song, and it will take what about all night for them to upload a song to you.The year is 2004 not 1995, get some damn broadband. And some might argue, "well they dont have broadband in my area"...well to that I say, you must live in some swamp in louisiana, because I live in Arkansas and we&#39;ve got about 5 broadband IPS&#39;s just in my area...others may argue "well i cant afford it", well wtf dsl is only about 25&#036; now and is getting cheaper by the day. Sorry, but i just get so fed up with these damn dial-up users...i take that back, im not sorry.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #54
    So you would rather they shared no files at all? Zero, Zilch, zip, rien ??

Not everybody in the world lives in the USA &#33;&#33;

In many developing countries, people are lucky to have 56k, because there is nothing else available. I have family in developing countries, so I know.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #55
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by Entity101@14 July 2004 - 04:40
    If it&#39;s private and for a relatively small group of people, then there shouldn&#39;t be any legal problems (even though strictly speaking hosting warez is illegal).
    I agree with Entity101, as long as its a small group then there shouldn&#39;t be a problem.

I dont think it would be good, enless it has stuff on there faster then newgroups gets it.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #56
    rookie

i hope you do it. then i hope you get sued and lose more money than you make, that&#39;d teach you to be a greedy bastard
    <span style='color:black'>websites that are actually good</span>
    http://www.sputnik7.com - music videos &amp; short films &amp; anime
    http://www.atomfilms.com - more short films
    http://www.howstuffworks.com - learning can be fun
    http://www.caedes.net - probably the best wallpapers on the net

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #57
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2@23 July 2004 - 18:59
    rookie

i hope you do it. then i hope you get sued and lose more money than you make, that&#39;d teach you to be a greedy bastard
    Aren&#39;t you a downer.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #58
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2@23 July 2004 - 13:59
    rookie

he already does.

or do u mean more than he makes from job?

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #59
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by MicroScreen2@23 July 2004 - 22:59
    rookie

hey mind ur language, respect the Admin

Rookie there will be no problem if the area is password protected and private just like newsgropu.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456