Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Usa Is 7th In Fifa Rankings

slim150's Avatar Poster
    Never thought I'd see them ranked so high. 1 better than England even, yet noone here in the states even knows. I wish our club leagues were more entertaining but its not. And we need stadiums too, we have like 2 in our nation lol

I also wish, our club names weren't so corny o well.

http://fifa.com/en/mens/statistics/index.html
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

2. Lounge   -   #2
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah it's because the only competitive matches, except the World Cup finals every 4 years, they play are in the concacaf. it's the same with Mexico's inflated rating. not their fault because a team can only beat whats put in front of them.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    slim150's Avatar Poster
    i guess you're right, heres who've they've played recently

Jan. 18 Denmark 1-1 T
    Feb. 18 Holland 0-1 L
    March 13 Haiti 1-1 T
    March 31 Poland 1-0 W
    Apr. 28 Mexico 1-0 W
    June 2 Honduras 4-0 W
    June 13 Grenada * 3-0 W
    June 20 Grenada * 3-2 W
    July 11 Poland 1-1 T
    "Their most trivial action may mean volumes, or their most extraordinary conduct may depend upon a hairpin or a pair of curling-tongs" - Holmes

4. Lounge   -   #4
    worldpease's Avatar always annoying
    Hi People, Im from Mexico...
    And let me tell you someting,
    here in Mexico, no body saw it coming
    but the Us Team kiked us out of the FIFA 2002 World Cup,
    I think that USA has one of the best teams that it´s ever had.
    I remember that Mexico use to beat USA even in the USA Cup
    Finals.
    But now it has become a dangerus thing to do.

And abaut Mexico, ¨mi equipo¨, I think that some of you underestimate
    our capabilities. For example,
    once Mexico won 4 to 3 over Brazil (CONCACAF 2006, I think)
    and Its one of the most feared teams in America.

I might add, that I don´t like the ´national league´ games ( like when
    Chivas, America, Toluca, Toros, etc. play) ¨It´s lame I think¨.

Those are my Toughts for tonight, see ya´.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Ive been watching the US team progress over the last 5-10 years and they really do deserve to be in the top 10. MLS has helped so much, and it can only strengthen the US soccer system. Look for the US to make a good run in the 2006 world cup.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I fear the US doing well because FIFA has a real hardon for capturing the american audience and if they start doing well and beginning to appeal to that market who knows what FIFA will do to expand on this.

Remember some of the proposed changes back in &#39;94? Making the goals bigger, letting the players dribble the ball in penalty shoot-outs and having the clock tick down instead of up. Oh, and they made the teams play at midday (when it&#39;s hottest) for peak time viewing audiences here.

Not that I&#39;m anti-American but I just see no point destroying a sport to appeal to a market that, as a whole, has never got soccer...

7. Lounge   -   #7
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Originally posted by Withcheese@14 July 2004 - 03:37
    I fear the US doing well because FIFA has a real hardon for capturing the american audience and if they start doing well and beginning to appeal to that market who knows what FIFA will do to expand on this.

Remember some of the proposed changes back in &#39;94? Making the goals bigger, letting the players dribble the ball in penalty shoot-outs and having the clock tick down instead of up. Oh, and they made the teams play at midday (when it&#39;s hottest) for peak time viewing audiences here.

Not that I&#39;m anti-American but I just see no point destroying a sport to appeal to a market that, as a whole, has never got soccer...
    its guna take a lot more than 7th place in the fifa rankings to spark interest here. I think it will just take more time - maybe a higher finish in next WC or even the upcoming olympics.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    I don&#39;t even understand why it&#39;s even in the Olympics. Seems like a waste of time to me..

9. Lounge   -   #9
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by Withcheese@14 July 2004 - 08:37

Football will never be big in the U.S. IMO. FIFA have tried since the 60&#39;s and 70&#39;s (George Best, Pele and Cruyff played together for the New York Cosmos in the 70&#39;s) I think the low scoring puts americans off. but the clincher is the concept of a draw, I&#39;m sure someone will correct me but there is no other popular sport played in the U.S. where it&#39;s possible for the game to finish honours even.

I took an American exchange student who was staying at my sister&#39;s to the footie a couple of years back, it was a great match which finished 3-3. After a few pints in the pub he wanted to know when we were going back to the stadium for the &#39;overtime&#39;. When told that there was none he refused point blank to believe us because apparently "There is no way 5,000 people would pay good money to watch a god damn tie"

I don&#39;t know whether that outlook is indicative of all American citizens but that incident sticks in my mind
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by manker+14 July 2004 - 12:20--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker &#064; 14 July 2004 - 12:20)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Withcheese@14 July 2004 - 08:37

Football will never be big in the U.S. IMO. FIFA have tried since the 60&#39;s and 70&#39;s (George Best, Pele and Cruyff played together for the New York Cosmos in the 70&#39;s) I think the low scoring puts americans off. but the clincher is the concept of a draw, I&#39;m sure someone will correct me but there is no other popular sport played in the U.S. where it&#39;s possible for the game to finish honours even.

I took an American exchange student who was staying at my sister&#39;s to the footie a couple of years back, it was a great match which finished 3-3. After a few pints in the pub he wanted to know when we were going back to the stadium for the &#39;overtime&#39;. When told that there was none he refused point blank to believe us because apparently "There is no way 5,000 people would pay good money to watch a god damn tie"

I don&#39;t know whether that outlook is indicative of all American citizens but that incident sticks in my mind [/b][/quote]
    Members that have seen my post regarding soccer know how I feel about it.

Btw, NFL Football can end in a tie.

I went to a Redskins/Giants game that ended 7-7.

PISSED ME THE FUCK OFF&#33;&#33;&#33;

I remember one channel trying to air soccer. I tried to watch but it was such a snoozer.

All that back and forth, back and forth.....with no score.

It&#39;s like watching a tug-o-war with a win..........eventually.

The highlights are almost nil. What? Someone gets kicked in the nuts.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast