Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: A Nice List Of Supernodes

Can someone explain to me what exactly this does? I know absolutely nothing about supernodes, so please try to explain it in english

2. File Sharing   -   #32
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    When you first start up kazaalite, it uses this list of IP addresses in the registry to initially try to connect to the network. Since supernodes may go offline over time, and new ones come online, while you are connected, the list is kept up to date with the latest IP addresses that are supernodes.

If you haven't connected for a long while, or are reinstalling an older version (with an older list), then this may mean that your PC can't connect to the network, because it can't find a valid active supernode to connect to.

By installing this list, this should rectify that, because it is bang-on up to date with all the latest supernode IP addresses.

Once you have connected once, so long as you connect every once in a while, you should be fine, and have no further problems connecting.

Also, it seems that recently parts of the network have fragmented, which is why sometimes when you connect to a supernode, you only have 90000 users reported or whatever.

In which case, by using this list hopefully we will be able to bring the network back together again, and have all the supernodes singing from the same hymn sheet, as it were...

3. File Sharing   -   #33
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    I've been using Properties Plus for renaming file-extensions about a 3 or 4 years now...
    ... really long time at least.

Install it and you have a new item on your Right Click Menu.
    Easy and fast way to rename any file to any extension.

I know its an old app and not updated anymore
    but it still works and its free. Great little tool imo.

Get it from here.

Spoiler: Show

4. File Sharing   -   #34
    I;m using clean kazaa, can I use those supernodes ?

and what are supernodes ?

Please help and thanks

5. File Sharing   -   #35
    Out of The Ordinary

6. File Sharing   -   #36
    Thanks

7. File Sharing   -   #37
    Originally posted by Guitar-Slinger@22 July 2004 - 05:38
    I've been using Properties Plus for renaming file-extensions about a 3 or 4 years now...
    ... really long time at least.

Install it and you have a new item on your Right Click Menu.
    Easy and fast way to rename any file to any extension.

I know its an old app and not updated anymore
    but it still works and its free. Great little tool imo.

Get it from here.

OK im gonna use this software...since it looks pretty tight..and since tis just a converter program..im assuming ti doesnt take up much space

8. File Sharing   -   #38
    Poster
    Changing a filename by changing it's extention is not converting the file.

The three letters after the dot as in word.doc are simple there to let windows know what type of file it is and hence what to do with it.

So windows sees something.txt, sees it as a text file and opens it with a text editor (say notepad). However if it sees something.reg it identifies it as a different type of file and adds the content to the registry.

The text file is only used as a way of creating the data in the first place. You could not change the name to something.wav and expect it to play a tune.

This is the way DOS worked as well, using the name / extention system. However in DOS it was limited to 8 / 3 characters.

9. File Sharing   -   #39
    Why don't you make this Supernode list available as a *.kzn file so we can use Kazupernodes to open this list?

Would make it a whole lot easier IMHO

10. File Sharing   -   #40
    comsec
    what is the ip and port of the imesh bootstrap node, that way I can just type it into kazaazupernodes.

Cheers

Link

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast