Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Installing Drivers

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by lynx+15 July 2004 - 01:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 15 July 2004 - 01:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peat moss@15 July 2004 - 08:55
    Then&nbsp; DRIVERS&nbsp; , ALL .
    Thanks for that, is saves me looking at those links.

Sounds like it is the chipset drivers which aren&#39;t installed, but of course these should have been installed by the system restore cd. There is only one reason why they haven&#39;t been installed - it is the wrong cd for that machine.

This is actually quite common, the only difference between disks for different models is often the chipset drivers. But the people packing the computers aren&#39;t made aware that there&#39;s an important difference, so the wrong cd sometimes gets put in the box. Of course, this is only a problem if you actually have to use the restore cd, most people don&#39;t.

There are two solutions, find out the board manufacturer or chipset, and go to their site to download the drivers (you will obviously need to do this on another pc with a cd burner and burn the file onto cd), or take the disk back to where you got it from, ask them to provide the correct cd, then do a system restore again. The first option sounds easier to me. [/b][/quote]
    Ah but this is where UDI comes in. Quote : it has a question mark beside it

Simple program , its free , Try it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    @lynx I keep this program on a floppy . For when my bud&#39;s drop off their computer &#39;s for me to fix. First thing I ask did you bring me all the disk&#39;s? Sure they do, a win95 disk and some old dos games&#33; It is helpful tho, saved me a lot of grief .

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by peat moss@15 July 2004 - 09:46
    @lynx I keep this program on a floppy . For when my bud&#39;s drop off their computer &#39;s for me to fix. First thing I ask did you bring me all the disk&#39;s? Sure they do, a win95 disk and some old dos games&#33; It is helpful tho, saved me a lot of grief .
    And after several hours of struggling you usually get told "Well, there&#39;s those really old ones that came with the pc, I think they are in a cupboard somewhere".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Sampson he needs to know the make , model first
    of what??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by sampson@15 July 2004 - 04:18
    Sampson he needs to know the make , model first
    of what??
    @darkfire QUOTE : drivers that werre uninstalled included ethernet controller, multimedia audio controller, smbus controller and video controller.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by clocker@15 July 2004 - 02:35
    What kind of computer is this?
    A manufactured one ( Dell, etc.) or a built from parts machine?
    the manufacturer is MDG

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    lynx's Avatar .
    I would have asked for the model next, but I looked at their web site, it doesn&#39;t seem to have any chipset drivers so it wouldn&#39;t help.

You need to run something like Aida32 (available here) to find out what motherboard you&#39;ve got.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12