Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Post Count Update Status

CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Because of the heavily discussions/debates about the post counts, deliberations took place within the Admin/Mod Team Chat room. After much discussions it has been decided to reinstate/add post counts within the majority of areas except for "Off Topic". (This one may still be up in the air)

To sum it up Posts will count in all catergories within:

* General Category
    - About our website and this Forum
    - Filesharing
    - Guestroom

* Kazaa Lite Related
    - Questions
    - Problems
    - Connection Problems
    - Tips
    - Development

* Discussions
    - Movieworld
    - Musicworld
    - Gameworld
    - Softwareworld
    - Hardwareworld

DataMore - time to update your Pinned Post Count Link
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Interesting.

I hope that along with that, spam or useless posts will be dealt more severly.

Eventhough I have to say that I've noticed a great improvement over the last few days. It seems that just discussing about that and pointing it out have helped a lot. I have noticed an improved behaviour from the members who were considered as postcount-hunters.

I would like to commend them for their behaviour over the last few days. I see it as a great improvement.

And with this recent change in post counting, I think that it will only get better.

@Moderators: You have proven yourself as a great team again. Congratulations and thank you for all your effort again.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by tilen76@21 March 2003 - 10:18
    I hope that along with that, spam or useless posts will be dealt more severly.
    @tilen76 - duly noted and yes this would mean more effort on our part but at the same time we are also hoping that the members here will see that we are willing to compromise on some things and hope that they would do their part as well by deeply minimizing spam and useless post. Afterall, it can be reversed once again should things get out of hand, but we would prefer that not happen so...............................

"Team Effort", lets make it work! B)
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Poster
    I felt the initial change was the proper one, and I commend the moderators on their willingness to listen and cooperate with the memebers of the forum, but I fear that it will be a short matter of time before the new post counting policies will need to be reversed. It seems inevitable to me that allowing them to count in discussion areas where often no aid is offered and threads quickly become off-topic, will inevitably lead to excessive spamming and useless threads, especially by newer members. Since the last major change I've seen my post total growth slow to a crawl, but I feel that is as it should be, as I have not spent as much time in the question and answer forums. Thanks again for your cooperation with the majority opinion though, and I will gladly do my part to encourage usefull posting by all members.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by gumbydancin@21 March 2003 - 17:58
    I felt the initial change was the proper one, and I commend the moderators on their willingness to listen and cooperate with the memebers of the forum, but I fear that it will be a short matter of time before the new post counting policies will need to be reversed.  It seems inevitable to me that allowing them to count in discussion areas where often no aid is offered and threads quickly become off-topic, will inevitably lead to excessive spamming and useless threads, especially by newer members.  Since the last major change I've seen my post total growth slow to a crawl, but I feel that is as it should be, as I have not spent as much time in the question and answer forums.  Thanks again for your cooperation with the majority opinion though, and I will gladly do my part to encourage usefull posting by all members.
    We're debating about those things too, don't worry, more updates to come, as CP said.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    So when will this update be has it already happened or will it be some time later
    I'd test it out in the worlds but i don't want to spam

Never mind found somewhere I can post and it has happened

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    I think this is a good decision from the Admin/Mod Team.

I think the spamming will be greatly reduced and it will give more of a free atmosphere in here.

Good work team.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Poster
    Democracy

a government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodically held free elections

one who arbitrates

Well played. A collective Top Man of the day award. Not because I agree (or disagree) but because your actions are exemplary

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Poster
    good move admins & mods. but some threads in the Worlds are bound to go a little off-topic...

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    I just noticed this. It just sounds like you guys changed it back to the old way of the forum. Everything counts except the off-topic areas. This should be an intresting change to see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast