Thread: What Kind Of Media Is Game Cube?

Poster
    I was wondering if anyone knew what the software for Nintendo Game Cube is made of. It almost looks like a mini-CD in a case. If so, can you make backups of the media? My guess is, that it is a mini-DVD. A mini CD wouldn't hold enough information.

2. Games   -   #2
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    yeah, its a mini-dvd, i think it hold about 3gig of info but not 100% sure on that, also it reads the disc backwards (rotates it the other way) to you pc and everyhting else out there.

I think if you back up you need to get it chipped, and the only way i have heard is you have to take of the entire case, once you have it chipped for the discs to even fit in, either that or get some plyers and cut around the dvd to make it smaller.

Other than this i think the details are sketchy at best.

3. Games   -   #3
    Stoi knows his stuff

He is right in both aspects or media and reverse rotation

Apparantly Lik Sang are going to be stocking chips soon as well as modified shells for the GC

I think we will have to just wait and see

~-- patience just takes practice --~

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    the gamecube can not be chipped the only moving claiming to be chipped was a fake but it had many fooled. I know of a few electronics experts who at thier uni/lab took it apparat and had tried chipping it and so far there has been no lucky.

yes the discs vary from 2.5gig to 3gig

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    lastly, that doesn't meant to say there won't be chips, it is possible. I hope for nintendo's sake there isn't, they need the money for the gamecube.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    what money?