Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Just Made 50 Quid.

lynx's Avatar .
    My dvd player packed up today, and it was still under warranty at Asda (Walmart).

I've just taken it back expecting them to replace it, but they haven't got any in stock.
    I asked them what the options were. They said I could either wait till they came in or have a refund, so I said I would have a refund expecting to get the current price, almost £36. Instead, I got the original price refunded, almost £86.

But I talked to the guy on the Dvd counter, they will be delivered tonight. So I can go back tomorrow and get a brand new one, with full warranty, for £36.

The drinks are on me tonight.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Congrats lynx, I'll take a bottle of budweiser.

You business people out there better take note of the power of "goodwill"-non tangible assets. Walmart may lose on this deal but Lynx is sure to be a loyal customer now and will spread his positive opinion to friends and hell, he might even post something on a global forum.

He wins today, Walmart wins tomorrow and the money they lost is regained by 10 fold.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #3
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    I've always had good luck in returning merchandise...

Sometimes with out a receipt

4. Lounge   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by hobbes@16 July 2004 - 20:02
    Congrats lynx, I'll take a bottle of budweiser.

You business people out there better take note of the power of "goodwill"-non tangible assets. Walmart may lose on this deal but Lynx is sure to be a loyal customer now and will spread his positive opinion to friends and hell, he might even post something on a global forum.

He wins today, Walmart wins tomorrow and the money they lost is regained by 10 fold.
    You must be joking. It was a crap dvd player, I&#39;m <s>pretty sure</s> absolutely certain I can get better for the same price, or maybe just a little more.

Maybe one of those with divx decoders.

Once it is in my pocket it stays there, no store loyalty for me.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    Originally posted by lynx@16 July 2004 - 13:15
    It was a crap dvd player.
    Dumb question...

why&#39;d you buy it then?

6. Lounge   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    I got it 2 years ago, got good recommendation by vcdhelp (now videohelp). It was just before prices started dropping dramatically and new features like divx decoding came out.

For the time, I suppose it was a good player, but it hasn&#39;t improved in the last 2 years which is why it is now a crap one.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Originally posted by lynx+16 July 2004 - 18:15--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 16 July 2004 - 18:15)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@16 July 2004 - 20:02
    Congrats lynx, I&#39;ll take a bottle of budweiser.

You business people out there better take note of the power of "goodwill"-non tangible assets.&nbsp; Walmart may lose on this deal but Lynx is sure to be a loyal customer now and will spread his positive opinion to friends and hell, he might even post something on a global forum.

You must be joking. It was a crap dvd player, I&#39;m <s>pretty sure</s> absolutely certain I can get better for the same price, or maybe just a little more.

Maybe one of those with divx decoders.

Once it is in my pocket it stays there, no store loyalty for me. [/b][/quote]
    Lynx,

You are happy and buying drinks, looks like they treated you well. Your post has provided an unsolicited international "thumbs up" for Walmart. That was the business lesson.

As for the quality of the product, well, what do you expect from Walmart? They sell cheap shit to cheap and poor people.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

8. Lounge   -   #8
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by lynx@16 July 2004 - 15:15
    Once it is in my pocket it stays there, no store loyalty for me.
    No empathy for Whoopi, either, I&#39;d wager.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #9
    BANNED
    lynx....similar experience myself..........cant say mate it aint exactly cosher ,basicly, dixons kindly gave me a £200 tobuy a new playstation&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

10. Lounge   -   #10
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Nice little con you got. If the drinks are on you, then i want some hennessy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast