Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What Is The Best Virus Protection?

Norton easily has the biggest following, however I have been using McAfee Pro 7.0. Mainly because it isn't as much of a resource hog like Norton is. Bottom-line is there isn't any anti-virus programs that are bullet-proof. As long as you're running a firewall and keeping your definitions up to date, then you have done more to protect yourself than most people. You can also do a free on-line scan at Symantec or McAfee if you want to double-check your PC. Another good idea is to download and burn the many free virus-removal tools from these web-sites. .............. I had to go bail out a friend of mine who had the case of the "Klez". He had over 70 infected files,........... needless to say, he wasn't even using an Anti-virus program. Some people just don't get it I guess.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    i use AVG pro edtion i've tryed lots of diffrent ones but find AVG more solid does it job
    i found more virus's with avg even unkown 1s which norton and PC-Cillin 2003 did,nt spot

Norton 2002 2003 suck, installs far to much crap and my computer dies on me
    comp specs = 2.1ghz, 512ddr 120gb hd geforce4 128mb also the recycle protected stuff which comes with pro edtion is annoying.

PC-Cillin 2003 is good two but again installs to much crap two like firewall stuff why do i want a firewall when i use zone alarm pro.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12