Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newsgroup Section

Poster
    well anybody that would like to teach a noob how to get started with this newsgroup stuff ?

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Reality is way ahead of you, there used to be a newsgroup section i think, but it was basically empty

https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=108650

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by ilw@21 July 2004 - 15:55
    Reality is way ahead of you, there used to be a newsgroup section i think, but it was basically empty

I think the reason for this is newsgroups are considered old technology, they precede the web.

But newsgroups are still the best for sharing a small number of files because the files are put on servers rather than other peoples computers, thats why you get full speed from newsgroups.

If newsgroups were promoted more here then they would get more users, and we wouldnt have to wait days to download the latest movies.

If anyone has parts 30 and 33 of G.P.C SM2 CD1 (spiderman 2) put them up on alt.binaries.movies.divx
    Robert00000

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    I was thinking the same thing last night...about newsgroups getting it's own section.
    Would be really great!

Already have some ideas for pinned topics.
    -Pinned for a list of free (or cheap) alternative newsservers (with pro's and con's),since lot of ISPs don't carry all the newsgroups.
    (using easynews.com myself,+/- 10$ for 10gig,3 weeks retention,has ALL the newsgroups).

-Pinned for good newsreaders,en- and decoders,...

-Pinned with the best newsgroups for: movies,music,software,games,...

Think it really deserves it's own section on this board B)

And maybe FST could create it's own newsreader,or make a FST version of Mozilla Thunderbird with a yEnc decoder built in

@ {I}{K}{E} Thanks for the nifty tool you linked there.
    Gonna install it straight away.

one other thing: i'm looking for a en-/decoder for MIME,BASE64,UU,...
    I ran into one a couple of days ago but can't find it anymore
    Suggestions are welcome.

hmm...asspie

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Originally posted by ilw@21 July 2004 - 07:55

Most of what you'll need is there and you can also get what you need in my sig as well. As for NewsGroups having its own section, well first off there never has been a dedicated section that I can remember and I dont think it would be a bad idea but I tend to wonder if it might end up a ghost town as some of the other sections did. I guess the powers that be can decide on this if they choose to...

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    I think there are a few of us here who would make a regular contribution to the section if was created. An alternative is to post a topic on this section and keep it updated regularly with posts.

I want your opinions on the latter, and maybe if it gets a lot of posts we could then create a separate section. This is probably the best way to test the interest in newsgroups.
    Robert00000

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    I think a poll about it isn't a bad idea to start with

Mods!!!....make it so!

hmm...asspie

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    Retired
    Originally posted by Filliz@23 July 2004 - 14:40
    I think a poll about it isn't a bad idea to start with

Mods!!!....make it so!
    Don't think a newsgroup section will get alot of replies.
    If you have questions about newsgroups the best thing you can do is reading a guide. there are many good tutorials on the net.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@23 July 2004 - 17:31
    If you have questions about newsgroups the best thing you can do is reading a guide. there are many good tutorials on the net.
    Yah,but you that goes for software,hardware,...too
    You can find all your answers on the net.

How about a section for fresh releases?
    Using FTD3 only goes for people who speak dutch,and those who can could get the info of FTD3 and post it here

Just a thought

hmm...asspie

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    Retired
    Originally posted by Filliz+23 July 2004 - 18:05--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Filliz @ 23 July 2004 - 18:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-{I}{K}{E}@23 July 2004 - 17:31
    Yah,but you that goes for software,hardware,...too
    You can find all your answers on the net.

How about a section for fresh releases?
    Using FTD3 only goes for people who speak dutch,and those who can could get the info of FTD3 and post it here

Just a thought [/b][/quote]
    if you dont understand dutch you still can use FTD because mostly the file information is english because its copied from the .NFO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast