Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Securing My Computer For Houseguests

shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by Storm+19 July 2004 - 20:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Storm @ 19 July 2004 - 20:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-shn@20 July 2004 - 00:09
    It&#39;s not good idea to have the guest account enabled in Windows.&nbsp; I would disable it if I were you.
    i never said to enable the guest account.......

read again, i told to create a user that is a member of the guests GROUP........

besides, the only reason it isnt a good idea to have a guest account is because it isnt password protected....... if you dont password protect you normal users accounts, you&#39;re just as insecure........ [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t think I ever said you did.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by shn+20 July 2004 - 03:59--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn &#064; 20 July 2004 - 03:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Storm@19 July 2004 - 20:44
    <!--QuoteBegin-shn
    @20 July 2004 - 00:09
    It&#39;s not good idea to have the guest account enabled in Windows.&nbsp; I would disable it if I were you.

i never said to enable the guest account.......

read again, i told to create a user that is a member of the guests GROUP........

besides, the only reason it isnt a good idea to have a guest account is because it isnt password protected....... if you dont password protect you normal users accounts, you&#39;re just as insecure........
    I don&#39;t think I ever said you did.[/b][/quote]
    I dont think i ever said you did
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    I don&#39;t think
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by lynx@21 July 2004 - 08:28
    I don&#39;t think
    Gosh darnit I hate it when I do that on public discussion boards at 5:00 oclock in the morning half sleep with raunchy morning breathe.

Gee and you would think with over 54 college credit hours and still going strong that I could avoid mishaps like that.

I dont think I&#39;ll ever do that again.

Btw lynx I&#39;m not coming down on ya. I just hate when people correct other people, even it&#39;s not me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12