Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help With Norton Antivirus 2003 Pro

Poster
    I too had problems with NAV 2003. The big one was that it would randomly turn off the auto-protect without showing me and error or anything. I switched back to my trusty NAV 2002 and will just try to keep up to date on definitions for now.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    BANNED
    get NAV pro 2003 it works perfect I had problems with the NAV 2003 version but the Pro version works charmly

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Poster
    If u read earlier i did have NAV 2003 Pro. So what do you mean?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    @ninja its nav 2002 and i belive there is a unistall program at nortons website to remove all of nav 2003 & then get the 2 files i posted.

@gumby get the norton hack i posted will give you fresh new year after running liveupdate 1st time..... can be reused until 2029 yes that the year two thousand twenty nine.......

edit:spelling

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Here is the support page for their anti-virus software. I have been told that using this tool and re-installing Norton's will give you another year of virus definitions subscriptions.

Symantec Website

Also ensure that you have a good version of Nortons Anti-virus software before re-installing.

Steve

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Poster
    Yes im very aware of that tool.

I did my research before i posted this. Did everything it said and still norton AV is fu**ed up.

Right now im using PC-cillin 2003 for now.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    DARKSHADOW's Avatar Poster
    mav 2003 theres a bug with certain xp installations if u go to there site and have a little search theres a live update patch u install b4 installing the nav

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Poster
    Yes i know of it. It is the program update but when live update did work it wouldnt install and it said the error was because i had sp1. So i couldnt fix it and i couldnt get the update.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    This is too bad. I've installed NAV 2003 pro on many systems and they run perfect. I dont think there is a bug with the program, rather a bug with the systems that have problems running it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12