Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Norton Antivirus 2003 Pro

Poster
    I had problems with norotn antivirus 2003 pro because i couldnt do a full system scan and i couldnt download and update for it. So i went onto site and uninstalled it and uninstalled liveupadte. Deleted the folders and deleted the regisrty keys too. So now when i install it it comes with error and says i cant use live upadte ans still i cant do full system scan. I reinstalled a bunch of times but still i have problem.

WTF is going on and why isnt live upadte wroking anymore?

Help Me!!!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    mybe it's the reall Norton anti-virus.........
    look for one in the verified hashes section
    other than that i can't help except saying that don't use norton it sucks, use McAfee

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I had a real nightmare with this too, it couldn't completely uninstall because live update was running, constantly in use, i could never find all the bits and consequently couldn't reinstall because it kept telling me i had to unistall first.

In the end I booted in safe mode, uninstalled norton, symantic, live update and then deleted every damn folder belonging to them i could find. went into msconfig (XP) and removed anything from start up I could find, rebooted and installed McAfee utilities, I think its called FixIt, that checked through the registry and repaired it.

then for some insane reason I reinstalled Norton, not really sure WHY, probably coz I'm used to it.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    SHIFTY's Avatar Poster
    yep myne was being GAY too so i switched to PC-Cillin 2003. much Betta. i couldnt do anything except look at the pretty thing
    it wouldnt scan for me, nor update, NOTHING. i also tried 2002 pro did even worse stuff nortons is so damn buggy.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Are you guys sure you got the right ones? I posted Norton AV Pro 2003 in the Verifieds before, and it worked fine and still is working good.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@22 March 2003 - 02:39
    Are you guys sure you got the right ones? I posted Norton AV Pro 2003 in the Verifieds before, and it worked fine and still is working good.
    Yeah I got that verified now.But like leecheskicked said, it took a thorough cleansing to get rid of the "real" a-v.Thank gawd for Reg Cleaner

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster
    Well what should i do? I really like norton until all this shit sarted happening. I dont like mcafee so should i get another antivirus or what? Anybody know how to fix this liveupdate problem i cant figure this out?

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    File:norton antivirus 2002 v8.0 final.zip
    Length:29072577 Bytes,28391KB
    UUHash:=HJ7qxZJUH5Y3iPax+NQqdjhZ66Q=

File:norton hack with instructions.zip
    Length:2310 Bytes,2KB
    UUHash:=vZ64fBeAhbk+gGA395yKVPn2//8=

use norton 2002 with other zip file will giv you subscription until 2029 antil your run livesubscribe then gives a free year....
    tried all ways of posting quicklink didnot look like to mee was a clicklable link so posted normal if mods could change.....

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    Well how is using 2003 going to do anything livupdate will still be fuked up?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Poster
    I decided not to go with norton and waste time trying to fix it and just went with pc-cillin 2003. It works well and i decided ill keep with this for now. Anybody got a hash or sig2dat for a patch so it auotmatically registered?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast