Thread: Software To Normalize Songs?

I got a new car and got some subs in it (i was never a subwoofer type guy... but i'll admit they're pretty cool). Anyway... my current mp3 cds have a HUGE difference in volume and bass. This leads to constant adjusting of volume/bass. Is there a way to normalize the volume of 100 mp3s at a time? This way i can do all my mp3s in one shot and fix my problem.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Try using MP3Gain

Tired of reaching for your volume knob every time your mp3 player changes to a new song?
    MP3Gain analyzes and adjusts mp3 files so that they have the same volume.

MP3Gain does not just do peak normalization, as many normalizers do. Instead, it does some statistical analysis to determine how loud the file actually sounds to the human ear.
    Also, the changes MP3Gain makes are completely lossless. There is no quality lost in the change because the program adjusts the mp3 file directly, without decoding and re-encoding.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    If you burn them with Nero you can Normalize all the songs before you burn them. It's in the settings panel once you have all your songs loaded your gonna burn.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Awesome i'll take a look.

Thanks!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The Nero normalize option is not available for mp3 data cds, but is for audio cds. So therefore i can't use it in my case (trying to make a data cd).

Mp3Gain worked really well though! Occasionally I have to adjust the volume to compensate for the bass... other than that, its all good.

Thanks a lot!

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Does your car stereo play mp3s then?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Nightwolf's Avatar Old Guy
    I'm sure you could do it with Goldwave, but don't ask me exactly how. It has tons of options for editing/filtering songs.