Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sorry For Downtime

Site Owner
    The downtime was due to the server change. I had to change servers as 7thelement's name was on the other servers and they were kinda crappy. The current server is managed fully and 7th will not have acces should he want to.

I was not expecting such a long downtime however it happened and we had to deal with it.

Brian

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    No problem, will these servers be faster? Or is it a method tot ry and cut back on the cost of the forum?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Site Owner
    Nah it should be faster, more secure, and have ddos protection.

Brian

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@21 July 2004 - 01:40
    Nah it should be faster, more secure, and have ddos protection.

Brian
    Ah good yeah i remember when we got hit with it .

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    Site Owner
    Hows the speed seem to everyone? Seems pretty good for me on my 56K

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Im on 1mb Broadband and im downloading shit loads (I like the new secruity ) And its still running extreamly fast.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Site Owner
    I don't think the DNS has propagated for everyone as of yet, so only about 1/3 the users are able to access the forum right now. This should gradually include everyone.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@21 July 2004 - 01:56
    I don't think the DNS has propagated for everyone as of yet, so only about 1/3 the users are able to access the forum right now. This should gradually include everyone.
    Yeah i was speaking to WithCheese over MSN and he couldn't get on without using a Proxy.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    (>Zero Cool<)'s Avatar he is Spartacus!
    about four feet that way......no the other way
    Originally posted by peerzyboy+21 July 2004 - 01:58--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (peerzyboy @ 21 July 2004 - 01:58)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1@21 July 2004 - 01:56
    I don&#39;t think the DNS has propagated for everyone as of yet, so only about 1/3 the users are able to access the forum right now.&nbsp; This should gradually include everyone.
    Yeah i was speaking to WithCheese over MSN and he couldn&#39;t get on without using a Proxy. [/b][/quote]
    obviously the new server has a &#39;quality control&#39; facility built in too

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)+21 July 2004 - 04:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ((>Zero Cool<) &#064; 21 July 2004 - 04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@21 July 2004 - 01:58
    <!--QuoteBegin-rookiecrd1
    @21 July 2004 - 01:56
    I don&#39;t think the DNS has propagated for everyone as of yet, so only about 1/3 the users are able to access the forum right now. This should gradually include everyone.

Yeah i was speaking to WithCheese over MSN and he couldn&#39;t get on without using a Proxy.
    obviously the new server has a &#39;quality control&#39; facility built in too [/b][/quote]
    I heard that.

@Brian: Good work, nice to know I will be "gradually included".

Edit: At the moment I&#39;m having to surf with a proxy which ain&#39;t great but I&#39;ll cope.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast