Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ban Me But Don't Censer Me

muchspl2
    pm form management:

Warning level raised.,
    Flaming. It is not allowed.
    You might want to tone down a bit with the attitude
    towards New Folks that comes here, and also the regulars.
    You will get moderated more if you dont.
    These Warning levels do add up and there is a limit also.

^^ that is bullshit, I mean I try help plenty of people around here, I have made mistakes and will do so in the future, (not the same, hopefully)
    but I refuse to be censored, I believe this come on the heals of a argument with lynx
    apparently he is more connected the the fellow mods than me.
    he and I had a argument were I won the battle, but lost in the PR war
    It could have nothing to do with him, it just seems constiadentely

more to the point, alot of time instead of "bashing" as it was put I will simple post a pertinent link or whatever, but if someone does something stupid (n00b or not) I will call them on it

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    muchspl2
    I hope I;m not taking it the wrong way, I'll sleep on it for a bit maybe have a different outook on it later today..

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley@19 July 2004 - 14:55
    Somehing I have always wondered.

Do warning levels ever go down ? If for example someone is particularly helpful to people. Or if they just go for a long period without any problems.

It seems a bit unfair if they only ever go up. That way someone can get banned, even if for most of the time they are a good helpful member of the board.

That would surely be wrong.

so me thinks n e weigh.
    I hope so. I don't like being on 10%.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I never got one of those fancy pm's, like cheese I did get my warn raised tho', but I had to find out some time after.

This must surely have been a one time type of deal tho'.

@fugley: I think they normally send a pm when your level is raised.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by muchspl2@19 July 2004 - 08:49
    but if someone does something stupid (n00b or not) I will call them on it
    I think this is what your PM is related to muchspl2. Yes you do provide adequate responses but at the same time you do tend to place uncalled remarks. Especially at n00bs...one thing you should realize is that not all newcomers are prone to forums. If you cannot place a ligitimate comment within a post, pass it up. Should you prefer to 'call them out' as you put it, then you will be questioned about the sarcacism. If you dish something out you know is uncalled for, take what is returned, simple isn't it? If not, now you can see how they feel when you place uncalled remarks, guess the feelings at this point would be mutual....not liked.

for the record I am not the one who PM'd muchspl2, but do support it's intention. Perhaps you should have taken this up with the Mod in question, but alas some need to bring it out only to create stir up amongst the board mods..............once again.

* Now for those of you that brought up the up/down warning level percentage that is a good point and one that deserves explanation. I will look into that and hopefully be able to get answer if not by me by someone within the Team.
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Can we build up negative warn levels so as to work towards a future flaming spree?

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Mr JP Fugley+19 July 2004 - 15:56--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr JP Fugley @ 19 July 2004 - 15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@19 July 2004 - 15:29
    Can we build up negative warn levels so as to work towards a future flaming spree?

TD
    LOL

I think that would be a case of eating your cake and having it.

However I do still feel that people should be able to lower their level, for periods of good behaviour or being particularly helpful.

Think of it as community service. [/b][/quote]
    Good idea.

I hereby volunteer to mow the lawn of any mod/admin if it will help me lower my unwanted warn level.

@Fugly: With reference to how do I know my warn level I simply asked if my warn level had been upped when I was placed on one day moderation.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    So you cannot see what your level is? How can it be a warning if you aren&#39;t aware of it??

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by tracydani@19 July 2004 - 17:29
    So you cannot see what your level is? How can it be a warning if you aren&#39;t aware of it??

TD
    That&#39;s why they pm you.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by SnnY+19 July 2004 - 16:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SnnY @ 19 July 2004 - 16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tracydani@19 July 2004 - 17:29
    So you cannot see what your level is?&nbsp; How can it be a warning if you aren&#39;t aware of it??

TD
    That&#39;s why they pm you. [/b][/quote]
    Except they don&#39;t...

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast