Antec 400watt PSU
    120GB WD HDD
    MSI 9800XT
    Soundblaster Live 5.1
    Black Chieftec Matrix w/ 5BlueLED Case Fans
    800watt Sony/Bose Speaker System

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    for the power button, reset button, and leds, drill a hole behind the motherboard on the motherboard tray, close to where u connect them, and then fish teh wires through so they won't be seen as much. these wires i find are the ugliest wires.

next bad one is the atx power connector. (20pin wire going from power supply to motherboard). Buy some sleeving or make some of your own to put over this wire and it will then look very classy. B)

Do the same thing for all other power supply wires that are visible. For me the only visible one is the one going to my optical drives (cdrw and dvd-rom).

Don't use a floppy drive, so i don't have one. Find that it is much neater in teh case just by removing that one thing.

My hard drive is all the way at the bottom of the case, while the cd drive are near the top.

For my hard drive's power i didn't want the wires running straight through the middle of my case so one options i could have done would be to buy some molex extender cables. But of course i like to do this stuff myself so i just cut the molex connector at about half way along the wires and added a longer wire in to extend teh cable from it's 2ft ionto a 3.5 foot cable Then i run this behind the motherboard, along the case floor, then to my hard drive. Only places it is visible are at the power supply where all the wires are coming out (gonna mod that some day) and where it connects to teh hard drive.

For ide cables use rounded ones becuase i find they don't stand out as much as flat ribbon cables, not to mention they look good anyway. B)

FANS: biggest problem IMO. My back exhaust fan's wires were easy to hide, just put them eside the power supply on the side u can't see (side with no window). For my roof fan there also was no problem. The floor fan the wires are taped along the bottom edge\corner as to not be seen and plug in at the same power connector as my hard drive.

For side fans (if u choose to use one) they become a problem with regular square glas frames but if u have one where the metal extends throughout the whole window (hard to explain, i have a picture below though of what i mean) then you use hot glus to glue the wire along this so it woun't be seen. works great. (really hard to explain this).

now i have about 5 molex wires coming out of my power supply and i only use 2 of them so i had to hide the rest somewhere. In my old case i had a 1.5cm gap above the power supply where i put them but with the new case i hid them above my cdrw drive.

and of course never store any wires infront of or obviously in a fan becuase it will either block airflow or stop teh fan altogether.

here is the case pic:

sorry about the crappy pic. thw wire's go along the red circled part. black lines where u don't see what's nehind them...get what i mean? i glued the wire along there.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Ill be there to help him...and my wire job is pretty good

It will be tight we will take pics when we get it done.
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@21 July 2004 - 19:46
    Ill be there to help him...and my wire job is pretty good

It will be tight we will take pics when we get it done.
    That's nice. B)

I gotta get some of that split loom for my wires, the black looks good.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanks man...yeah for my first PC I like it alot..I think it looks really good.

Matt(esca) is getting the same fans as me so his will glow the same color...he is getting this case.

Chieftec Dragon

Its not the best, but these are AWESOME cases for the price. No sharp edges, TONS of room, removable harddrive trays, screwless fan mounts, and I think it is pretty attractive.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@21 July 2004 - 20:44
    Thanks man...yeah for my first PC I like it alot..I think it looks really good.

Matt(esca) is getting the same fans as me so his will glow the same color...he is getting this case.

Chieftec Dragon

Its not the best, but these are AWESOME cases for the price. No sharp edges, TONS of room, removable harddrive trays, screwless fan mounts, and I think it is pretty attractive.
    ya i know, i was gonna get one becuse i saw the pics of yours and loved it (back when u had your 30 page thread on how to build it. ) but, over here at least, they are over 150canadian and all i had was 200 to buy a case, fans, network switch, fans, 60mm to 80mm fan adaptor, rounded ide cables, a mouse and a keyboard.

it worked out in the end though. Just got a different case which is also pretty nice, nothing compared to the chieftec cases though.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    For ide cables use rounded ones becuase i find they don't stand out as much as flat ribbon cables, not to mention they look good anyway.
    Sometimes, maybe.
    Ribbon cables can be run underneath the board, which is about as stealthy as you get.
    Also they can be folded and tweaked in ways that the bulky, stiff rounded cables cannot.

If at all possible, go SATA for your HDD(s) as those cables are very small and easy to route well.

Finally, get a case without a window.
    Problem solved.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@22 July 2004 - 09:42
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://home.earthlink.net/~bigdawgfox2007/Bad%20Wire%20Managment.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

This is a example of bad wire managment.

haha
    HaHa!

Look at that. The guy has a nice case where the hard drives go in sideways and he put the drive in backwards.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    Originally posted by clocker@22 July 2004 - 16:15
    Finally, get a case without a window.
    Problem solved.
    Still not wire management, thats just avoiding the problem

I can't really talk though. My wire management is pretty bad.. i have 3 fans which aren't plugged in and just have the wires tied.. very ugly

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast