Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pos Machines Or Software

can I curse? FUCK!
    Guys.. its being used by a restaurant.. I don't think he needs a fast processor so lets stay focused

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    If it's for a restaurant, you might consider really bad cooling.

So you can cook stuff in the case, like.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    You could do worse than have a look at what Epson have to offer, the hardware (slip printers etc) has always proved reliable and isn't too expensive.

Don't know what their software is like, we wrote our own but it wasn't for the POS market so that would be no use to you.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@22 July 2004 - 00:47
    you have 18,000 to spend on a pc...

POS machines are expensive

To ROSSCO - The whole system has all those features, but what my brother wants is just the main system with the credit card facility.

The main system consists of the touch screen monitor and the server in the back office. My brother wants a system that has all the admin features so he can edit items if there are refunds or discounts, special offers etc.

To HARRYCARY - Software on a PC is a good alternative, I might recommend that to him to see if he wants it. It's certainly cheaper.

To LYNX - The EPSON's are a good recommendation, I've seen a few of their systems on the net and will look into them more closely. How do you program them - is it menu driven or do you have to use scripts?
    Robert00000

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12