Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Winamp Won't Load

Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 July 2004 - 01:39
    but the main thing is that the sound quality is horrible.
    dude you must be fucking retarted, there's no difference in quality from winamp to quinn player

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Digital Nirvana+21 July 2004 - 20:42--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Digital Nirvana @ 21 July 2004 - 20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@22 July 2004 - 01:39
    dude you must be fucking retarted, there&#39;s no difference in quality from winamp to quinn player [/b][/quote]
    Install winamp, play a song with quinn then again with winamp...don&#39;t tell me you can&#39;t hear a difference.

fuck who cares anyway im not using it that&#39;s final just want winamp fixed.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+22 July 2004 - 01:44--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 22 July 2004 - 01:44)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Digital Nirvana@21 July 2004 - 20:42
    <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004
    @22 July 2004 - 01:39

dude you must be fucking retarted, there&#39;s no difference in quality from winamp to quinn player
    Install winamp, play a song with quinn then again with winamp...don&#39;t tell me you can&#39;t hear a difference.

fuck who cares anyway im not using it that&#39;s final just want winamp fixed. [/b][/quote]
    Winamp used to be my fucking default media player, your full of shit dude.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°

I understand, rossco, that you strive for a real solution to your winamp quandary...
    however&#33;

I feel obligated to punctuate the conversation with a more holisitc solution.

if you truly feel the sound quality is not up-to-par with Winamp&#39;s (though, like DN here, I used them concurrently for some time before ditching winamp altogether and noticed no difference in sound quality...and I&#39;m a picky bastard), QCD accepts DSP plug-ins designed for winamp. And the skins are much more lightweight. Not to mention that you can browse for and download new skins from within QCD itself.
    And they&#39;re much more customizable with the remote and layout options.

As for the media library vs. playlists, that&#39;s a personal preferece, but if you set a directory in QCD as your playlist directory, you can have all your albums at your disposal in two clicks. (such as my "E:&#092;Playlists" folder, with hundreds of playlists in).

And by not trying to be a "every-goddamn-thing-you-can-think-of" application, it uses less system resources...just being a nice little audio player.

Winamp stopped being any good after version 2.
    But suit yourself.
    Don&#39;t see this as a problem, but rather, as an opportunity to ditch that POS.

enlightenment

o

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Sparsely@22 July 2004 - 02:51

I understand, rossco, that you strive for a real solution to your winamp quandary...
    however&#33;

I feel obligated to punctuate the conversation with a more holisitc solution.

if you truly feel the sound quality is not up-to-par with Winamp&#39;s (though, like DN here, I used them concurrently for some time before ditching winamp altogether and noticed no difference in sound quality...and I&#39;m a picky bastard), QCD accepts DSP plug-ins designed for winamp. And the skins are much more lightweight. Not to mention that you can browse for and download new skins from within QCD itself.
    And they&#39;re much more customizable with the remote and layout options.

As for the media library vs. playlists, that&#39;s a personal preferece, but if you set a directory in winamp as your playlist directory, you can have all your albums at your disposal in two clicks. (such as my "E:&#092;Playlists" folder, with hundreds of playlists in).

And by not trying to be a "every-goddamn-thing-you-can-think-of" application, it uses less system resources...just being a nice little audio player.

Winamp stopped being any good after version 2.
    But suit yourself.
    Don&#39;t see this as a problem, but rather, as an opportunity to ditch that POS.

enlightenment

o

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    PLay nice boy&#39;s but what do I know, I&#39;m using winplayer9 .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by peat moss@22 July 2004 - 03:11
    I&#39;m using winplayer9 .
    Kill him

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by peat moss@21 July 2004 - 21:11

I&#39;ve tried QCD before, I never noticed any substantial difference except that as someone has already stated winamp is and always will be bloated every since v2

@ROSSCO_2004 -- maybe you need a new sound card.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by shn+21 July 2004 - 22:51--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (shn @ 21 July 2004 - 22:51)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peat moss@21 July 2004 - 21:11

I&#39;ve tried QCD before, I never noticed any substantial difference except that as someone has already stated winamp is and always will be bloated every since v2

@ROSSCO_2004 -- maybe you need a new sound card. [/b][/quote]

no i don&#39;t.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    YAY i fixed it

incase anyone is wondering, i had to uninstall then on install uncheck &#39;sonic cd burning&#092;ripping&#39; plugin thing from installing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast