Thread: Antec, Coolmax, Thermaltake

Poster
    I need to get some better fans than the pos "ultra super quiet" ones that don't move the air like I need. I'm thinkin a Thermaltake 8025 to replace my CPU fan or just getting three Antec or three Coolmax fans. The Antecs push 34 CFM @30 dbs while the Coolmax push 41 CFM @ 32 dbs. Any of you guys have experience with these fans?

Thanks.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    When ur looking at the noise of them make sure u don't see anything like 25db IN SILENT MODE cuase then they're usually like 40db in fast mode lol.

not sure about those particular fans, just look around and try to get a good noise-airflow compromise.
    My cpu fan i put in is an 80mm with blue leds, airflow 34cfm and noise level 30dba. best airflow fan i could find on tiger direct lol.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Originally posted by Sasage@21 July 2004 - 21:18
    I need to get some better fans than the pos "ultra super quiet" ones that don't move the air like I need. I'm thinkin a Thermaltake 8025 to replace my CPU fan or just getting three Antec or three Coolmax fans. The Antecs push 34 CFM @30 dbs while the Coolmax push 41 CFM @ 32 dbs. Any of you guys have experience with these fans?

Thanks.
    On what heatsink?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    I was going to get an adapter and replace it on my stock heatsink.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    With the stock heatsink and a fan adaptor, this is the one I use: http://www.antec-inc.com/us/pro_details_co...hp?ProdID=75001

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    What kind of temps are u getting with that fan? I know it will probably vary slightly.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Sasage@22 July 2004 - 13:01
    What kind of temps are u getting with that fan? I know it will probably vary slightly.
    my current temp with that exact same setup is at 38 right now but this is a very hot day, scorching outside.