Thread: Network Admits Lying About Filmmaker Bio

ZaZu's Avatar I know stuff ...
    Network Admits Lying About Filmmaker Bio

NEW YORK (AP) - The Sci Fi Channel admitted Friday that it lied last month in claiming it was at odds with filmmaker M. Night Shyamalan and was making an unauthorized biography about his ``buried secret.''

Sci Fi said last month,that Shyamalan had soured on the documentary when the questions got too personal. Documentarians Nathaniel Kahn and Callum Greene pressed on and made a three-hour film, ``The Buried Secret of M. Night Shyamalan,'' without his cooperation, the network said.

It was all a lie, and there is no buried secret, Hammer said Friday.

The documentary, scheduled to air Sunday, says a mysterious drowning of a child in a lake near Shyamalan's boyhood home in the Philadelphia area had profoundly affected his life and fueled his interest in the supernatural. That's not true either

Sci Fi, which is available in some 83 million homes, has recently been taken over by corporate parent NBC Universal.

Source

Don't know what to make of this,thought I'd throw it out there...

If you attack the establishment long enough and hard enough, they will make you a member of it.
    -- Art Buchwald --

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Not surprised at all. I'd have been shocked if it had been real. That NBC is taking over the sci/fi channel is not surprising either. Dismaying, but not surprising. Hopefully they won't screw up an otherwise good channel. Probably stop evil alien flicks, though. Wouldn't want to offend anyone .

Ah well, one can always hope for the best..........

Later,
    BoNe

PS-If the screw up SG1, I'll stop watching sci/fi post haste!

Liberal: Lib er al Someone who's mind is so open their brains fell out.
    Real cars don't make horsepower at the front wheels, they lift them.
    Lead, follow or get yer ass run over!

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Darth Sushi's Avatar Sushi Lord
    It was probably as exciting as Geraldo Rivera's: The Mystery of Al Capone's Vault.