Thread: Tv Out Video Card

I need to upgrade my Sony Vaio to include a video card with TV out capabilities. My model number is RX752. It has 64 gb mem, etc... I would like to be able to hook it up to my TV via cables or with some sort of wireless thing. Any suggestions on:

1- What video card to use (my husband also likes to play games)

2- The best way to hook up to a TV to view DL movies without having to convert/encode.

Any help would be great!

PS - I've seen something called "AirLink" on ebay - does it work? Anyone know anything about it?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Rocktron's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by bishopo@26 March 2003 - 19:17
    I need to upgrade my Sony Vaio to include a video card with TV out capabilities. My model number is RX752. It has 64 gb mem, etc... I would like to be able to hook it up to my TV via cables or with some sort of wireless thing. Any suggestions on:

1- What video card to use (my husband also likes to play games)

2- The best way to hook up to a TV to view DL movies without having to convert/encode.

Any help would be great!

PS - I've seen something called "AirLink" on ebay - does it work? Anyone know anything about it?
    I watch all my movies on my TV with a Asus Gforce DDR AGP V6800 Videocard 32mb RAM.

Work like a charm! There are newer ASUS cards available now... but this one still works great!

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    TRshady
    As this subject looks sort of resolved, I'd like to ask if the gefoce 4 series has tv - out which would be great. I'm getting it in about a week as a gift.

more precisely, it's a geforce 4 mx 440.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    First off my opinion would be to get the NVidea GeForce version, mine is the 128 mb 4600 TI with DVI and TV Out, however there are cheaper versions available. I would say get at least 64 Mb's, but if you plan to watch a lot of movies with it the more ram the better. Uses less of your PC's memory that way.

To answer TRshady's question, not sure about your exact card, however they all can have it or not. It is like buying a car, options are always available, however never on all. I have seen my card with and without the TV out feature, so it all depends, sorry.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Thanks for the info on the video card. I'll check into prices. How do you hook up to your tv? Wireless or cable?

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    you use cable's most video cards use s-video cables availble at your local eletronic store

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    To bishopo. You say that your Husband likes to play games,so do I but my Wife won't let me, where do you live? Norman

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Again to bishopo. previous message was just to get a laugh and in the world today every little laugh counts!!
    However I am a movie and computer freak and have tried 3 GOOD Video cards. BUT, although I am not an expert, in my opinion this is the best by far! Matrox Marvel G450 eTV - English.
    With this I watch movies on a T/V in my computer room and then when I want to carry on watching it on my T/V in the living room I go in turn it onto video in and carry on watching same movie! Also I can watch the T/V channels either full screen on my computer on reduced to a corner whilst I search the web or use Email! And there are so many adjustments that you can make with this program that it will boggle your mind. I have one T/V hooked up with S Video and the other with RCA plugs!How about that!
    Ta Ta. Norman