Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Password Protect A Folder?

Smith's Avatar Since 1989.. BT Rep: +1
    hi all i want to password protect my documents so that when my muym or sister logs on she cant get into my stuff.

is their a way to do this?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    what OS are you using.

If you are using XP and you each log on as a different user and you are using NTFS you can lock all other users out
    i think you can enable this option by going to control panel > user accounts and setting/changing you password
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    using xp. but im under fa32 i want to protect a folder even when im logged in. so when i click on it it askes even me for a password.

i want to keep ppl out.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    then you will need to get software to do this
    There are 10 types of people in the world those who understand binary and those who dont

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    what kind of software? can u recomend a small program?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    any free ones, o doubt i will find a crack 4 thses

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    I never tried that d/load even though I'm looking for something similar, it got a very low rating off the users Running xp on fat 32 leaves out some of the built in features, for example file encrytion and compressing data can only work while using ntfs or (dynamic disc). I converted from fat 32 after upgrading from windows 98, it can be done without reinstalling the os but a lot of things I hear say go for the clean format, PGP 8.03 which is already cracked and available on emule has a feature on there called pgp disc, here you can select an amount of your hard drive which will be encrypted and not show up on your pc until a password is entered, you could store sensitive data there but best off all would probably be saving the folder to a disc,I think nero even asks for a password these days although I could b wrong.
    hope this helps

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    david622's Avatar Procrastinator
    I highly reccomend Axcrypt. You can get it from http://axcrypt.sourceforge.net/

It works really well and is very easy to use. Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast