Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Nvidia Wipes The Floor With Ati

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@23 July 2004 - 21:01
    Everybody is basing which card they buy on 2 games..I think thats kinda dumb.
    realworld performance is what's important, benchmarks make no diff.

besides every card can run older games fine it's the new ones we gotta worry about.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    TheRealDave's Avatar †Problem child
    the game was optimised for Nvidia.. just like ATI was for HL2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@22 July 2004 - 16:57
    WOW! i thought everyone was saying the x800 was so much better than the 6800.
    where's adamp2p now?

B) YES my computer will run it! haha
    Good for Nvidia. Like I said, I have no problem with Nvidia. It's all about price/performance. That's what I tell the ladies too...LOL.

Take care,

Adam

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by adamp2p+23 July 2004 - 23:27--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adamp2p @ 23 July 2004 - 23:27)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@22 July 2004 - 16:57
    WOW&#33; i thought everyone was saying the x800 was so much better than the 6800.
    where&#39;s adamp2p now?

B) YES my computer will run it&#33; haha
    Good for Nvidia. Like I said, I have no problem with Nvidia. It&#39;s all about price/performance. That&#39;s what I tell the ladies too...LOL.

Take care,

Adam [/b][/quote]
    where&#39;d come from.

lol, welcome back.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004+23 July 2004 - 20:34--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ROSSCO_2004 @ 23 July 2004 - 20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by adamp2p@23 July 2004 - 23:27
    <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004
    @22 July 2004 - 16:57
    WOW&#33; i thought everyone was saying the x800 was so much better than the 6800.
    where&#39;s adamp2p now?

B) YES my computer will run it&#33; haha

Good for Nvidia. Like I said, I have no problem with Nvidia. It&#39;s all about price/performance. That&#39;s what I tell the ladies too...LOL.

Take care,

Adam
    where&#39;d come from.

lol, welcome back. [/b][/quote]
    I have been busy...with the ladies; big dawg; you know what that is like...

LOL.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    im back just to say

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by atiVidia@24 July 2004 - 10:42
    im back just to say

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    lynx's Avatar .
    Hmmm, atiVidia and adamp2p both away at the same time, and both come back to comment in the same thread.

Are they an item? Or just good friends?
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    ironic isnt it?

i expected adam to always be here tho so...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Originally posted by lynx@24 July 2004 - 09:36
    Hmmm, atiVidia and adamp2p both away at the same time, and both come back to comment in the same thread.

Are they an item? Or just good friends?
    Nope, wrong again, you dorks about ATi:

ATI Response to Doom 3 Benchmarks
    Published: 7/23/2004&nbsp;
    Author: Team Radeon

Hear what ATI have to say about the latest Doom 3 benchmarks.

One of our staff contacted ATI to inquiry about the highly debated Doom 3 benchmarks that were recently released, here is what was asked:

"I&#39;m just emailing you because I have alot of confused gamers from both Team Radeon and x-3Dfx about what&#39;s really happening in Doom3. What they&#39;ve been presented paints a relatively poor picture on the x800 Pro and x800 XT PE prompting many fellow gamers (about 400 on Team Radeon and 300 or so on x-3Dfx) to question wether or not they should cancel there pre-orders."

ATI response:

"Hi Richard - this is a non issue - Doom 3 isn&#39;t even available yet, and we all know that some of our competitors use partial precision where possible. We expect to have updated drivers available in the coming weeks."

UPDATE: "...And btw, let&#39;s not lose sight of the fact that ATI performance isn&#39;t relatively poor at all. I think Kyle himself said that even the X800pro delivered &#39;great&#39; performance, and Carmack said in the HardOCP article that there&#39;s more to consider than just frame rate. The frame rate difference even today is so minor, it&#39;s impossible to tell without diagnostic tools - ie: the end user experience isn&#39;t affected. And with ATI you get full-precision enabled all the time - we don&#39;t do PP (on R3XX and R4XX) like some of our competitors. It&#39;s also important to note that most of today&#39;s games play faster on ATI hardware, and you can expect that to extend to other &#39;big title&#39; games expected this summer. Chris"

Chris Hook

If this is true about partial precision, then that is not suprising. Nvidia has tried to use these tricks before; and if history indeed repeats itself in an orderly fashion, then we shall see that once the game IS ACTUALLY RELEASED TO THE PUBLIC we will see who the winner is then.

You guys can be the cheerleaders all you want for Nvidia or ATI -- I personally don&#39;t favor any product over objective quality and performance. Later, gotta go.

Take care,

Adam

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast