Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Browser Do You Use...

tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    ive got 4 browsers installed

i have Firefox, IE, Avant Browser, and last and newest... iRider browser... although i need to find a registration key within the next 21 days...

Rafi

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    shn's Avatar Ð3ƒμ|\|(7
    Originally posted by ilw@23 July 2004 - 05:15
    opera 7.5 pwns mozilla/firefox

And there's nothing new in 0.9.2 except the shell fix and a patch could have corrected that without a full upgrade.

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Opera kicks them all.

4. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #14
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by manker+23 July 2004 - 11:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker &#064; 23 July 2004 - 11:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by danb@23 July 2004 - 10:34
    <!--QuoteBegin-&#091;B

[O][T],23 July 2004 - 10:23] Firefox 0.9.2&nbsp;

Same here
    I started using Firefox a couple of days ago. It&#39;s OK. I preferred MyIE2 but since they got bought out by maxthon their new product is very unstable I find.

It&#39;s irritating that with FF when you use the tags button on this board they dont go in the right place. I can&#39;t think of anything else right now but all these &#39;I love Firefox&#39; posts are monotinous [/b][/quote]
    You can get an extension to solve that

edit - BB code

5. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #15
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Originally posted by manker+23 July 2004 - 12:23--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (manker &#064; 23 July 2004 - 12:23)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Filliz@23 July 2004 - 12:16
    I got Opera and Firefox installed but I still prefer IE.
    But since that doesn&#39;t have tabbed browsing,I switched to DeepnetExplorer

For people who also like to stick with the IE engine...you should check it out.
    Has a built in P2P app (Gnutella),a newsbrowser and other cool features that IE doesn&#39;t have.

More details here.
    Damn, I must have missed when you posted about Deepnet. Great post but how stable is it? Seems to have all the features I want of a browser.

Yay for the ppl not jumping on the FF bandwagon btw [/b][/quote]
    It&#39;s as stable as IE.
    Haven&#39;t really used the P2P in it yet,but it works.
    The newsreader is fun too...get daily comics(Peanuts),Yahoonews,Wired News,Quote of the day,...
    The pop-up blocker is ok,but not nearly as good as Google&#39;s.

The thing i really like is that all my maps sorted in "Favorites" are displayed on top of my screen,like this:

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://premium.uploadit.org/Filliz/deepnt.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

So i don&#39;t have to click on "Favorites" first and scroll up and down to get to a favorite.

I&#39;m telling you,if you want to stick to IE,you have to get this one B)

hmm...asspie

6. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #16
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Originally posted by Filliz+23 July 2004 - 13:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Filliz @ 23 July 2004 - 13:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by manker@23 July 2004 - 12:23
    <!--QuoteBegin-Filliz
    @23 July 2004 - 12:16
    I got Opera and Firefox installed but I still prefer IE.
    But since that doesn&#39;t have tabbed browsing,I switched to DeepnetExplorer

For people who also like to stick with the IE engine...you should check it out.
    Has a built in P2P app (Gnutella),a newsbrowser and other cool features that IE doesn&#39;t have.

More details here.

Damn, I must have missed when you posted about Deepnet. Great post but how stable is it? Seems to have all the features I want of a browser.

Yay for the ppl not jumping on the FF bandwagon btw
    Haven&#39;t really used the P2P in it yet,but it works.
    The newsreader is fun too...get daily comics(Peanuts),Yahoonews,Wired News,Quote of the day,...
    The pop-up blocker is ok,but not nearly as good as Google&#39;s.

The thing i really like is that all my maps sorted in "Favorites" are displayed on top of my screen,like this:

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    <a href=&#39;
    http://premium.uploadit.org/Filliz/deepnt.JPG&#39; target=&#39;image&#39;>Image Resized
    [img]http://premium.uploadit.org/Filliz/deepnt.JPG' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

So i don&#39;t have to click on "Favorites" first and scroll up and down to get to a favorite.

I&#39;m telling you,if you want to stick to IE,you have to get this one B) [/b][/quote]
    looks great, the favourites option bit seems like it will be better too - although looking at your screenshot, I think koppeling is illegal in my country - definitely going to give it a go as my default browser for a week or so after I&#39;ve got to grips properly with FF.

@ danb, cheers matey
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #17
    Originally posted by manker@23 July 2004 - 13:25
    although looking at your screenshot, I think koppeling is illegal in my country
    lol

The "koppelingen" map just has links to hotmail and windows media in it.
    I think it&#39;s a dutch word for "links" and a default map in IE favorites.
    I know i never made it or put those links in it

hmm...asspie

8. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #18
    You mean like you can do in Firefox ?

Image Resized
    http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v47/freddevliegher/bookmarkstoolbar.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'></a>

The newsreader is fun too...
    <a href='http://update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?type=E&application=firefox&category=News&numpg=]Like this Firefox extension ?

That&#39;s supposed to be an argument for DNE ?

9. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@23 July 2004 - 09:27

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v47/freddevliegher/bookmarkstoolbar.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Like this Firefox extension ?

10. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #20
    Originally posted by fred devliegher@23 July 2004 - 15:27

Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img16.photobucket.com/albums/v47/freddevliegher/bookmarkstoolbar.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

Like this Firefox extension ?

Plug-ins

Anyway...i never said Deepnet is better than FF.
    I just prefer using it over FF or Opera.
    Why?Because.

hmm...asspie

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast