Thread: Dling Di-604

Poster
    i didnt know if this belong in hardware or internetworld so i posted both.

ok, i got this router for a couple months now...everything was fine until i wanted to add some new ports today for my app...DC++ and Azerus. i went to my setup page or w/e it is > advance > virtual server than add the stuff...but when i go to pcflank.com and check those ports i just added, it says closed.

anybody have a solution

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    do u have a software firewall or windows xp firewall? disable them.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    Don't know if it is the same on that router, but on mine you have to save and reboot before new virtual server ports become active.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    no software firewall (yet) and i've tried rebooting mine and it didnt work....i feel like throwing this thing out the window.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    did u set them to send to YOUR IP adress? and turn off DHCP on your computer, make the ip static, that way u don't have to keep port forwarding when ur ip changes.

here is an example of how i setup my router to forward ports 6881-6999 to my computer which has a static ip of 192.168.0.2:

Image Resized
    [img]http://img59.photobucket.com/albums/v180/rossco_2004/routerport.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    I typed all this in then i click apply, then to the left of apply reboot appears and i then click that to make my changes take affect

does this help you?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    lol, yea, i fowarded to my ip. havent checked dchp...where is that on my comp? would changing to static ip affect my speed in anyway?

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Mr. Elmo@24 July 2004 - 00:58
    lol, yea, i fowarded to my ip. havent checked dchp...where is that on my comp? would changing to static ip affect my speed in anyway?
    no difference to speed.

go to network connection, doubt click connection, properties, doublo click tcp\ip, settings are there.

match them with teh current settings.