Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Must See Movie For Guys And Gals

ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    My wife and I watched The Count Of Monte Cristo 2002last night and I just have to say it was one of the best movies I have seen in a while. My wife enjoyed it also, almost as much as I did and that is saying something. I had downloaded the movie last year and had not watched it, been too busy, now I am glad I did. I no longer share the film as I had to clear off my hard drive late last year on several occasions, however here is a link to Jetje's post in October 2002 for a 2 disc rip Click Here.

Synopsis:
    Dashing young sailor Edmond Dantes is a guileless and honest man, whose peaceful life and plans to marry the beautiful Mercedes are abruptly shattered when his best friend Fernand, who wants Mercedes for himself, deceives him. Set up to be unlawfully sentenced to the infamous island prison of Chateau D'If, Edmond is trapped in a nightmare that lasts for thirteen years. Over time everything he ever believed about right and wrong is abandoned and replaced by all-consuming thoughts of vengeance against those who betrayed him. With the help of an equally innocent fellow inmate, Dantes plots and succeeds in his mission to escape from prison, whereupon he transforms himself into the mysterious and wealthy Count of Monte Cristo. With cunning ruthlessness, he cleverly insinuates himself into the French nobility and systematically destroys the men who manipulated and enslaved him.

If you haven't seen this movie and are even the slightest bit interested I would suggest you do, totally worth watching.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    SuperJude™'s Avatar IRC Interloper
    Talked me into it. And getting ridiculous speeds on these files to boot.

Cheers.

-SJ™
    "We Love You SuperJude!"- the fans

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    tilen76's Avatar Poster
    Thanks for the tip ShareDaddy. Downloading it as we speak and plenty of sources too, I was pleasantly suprised.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    DARKSHADOW's Avatar Poster
    Cheer !!
    i've seen the richard chamberlen version! if its 1/2 as good i'm in for a good movie!

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I loved this movie. I've watched this one over, and over, and over....

The kids loved it too, my oldest ran around for days after calling himself Zoltara (sp?).

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    ShareDaddy's Avatar OLD ShareDaddy
    I was pleasantly surprised while watching this movie, the beginning was a bit so, so, then it started to bring me into the story and kept me in, very good and glad to see NikkiD agrees and that I was able to turn a few others onto it as well. I believe all will be surprised with this movie, rather an old story but told in a way to make all appreciate it and definitely take the side of the hero.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    You should read the books they are great.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Its a Classic and its coming in now at 112kbs!!!!

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Ynhockey's Avatar Poster
    Uh, I just watched this movie and it was great, but obviously Hollywood. That is because ~85% of the movie was not what is was in the book. Last time i considered The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers the movie with the least resemblance of the corresponding book, but this movie is waaaay more unlike its book...

Well, still a good watch

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Is this movie really a good one? It looked kind of stupid to me. I didn't even know it was based on a book and it only stayed in theaters in my area for like a month if i can remember because of its low popularity.. I might download it tho bcuz it sounds kind of kool

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast