Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Psu And Power Supply

lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@25 July 2004 - 05:22
    but wont that increase the temperature, making the PSU be louder??
    The PSU does not get louder as it gets hotter.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    FlyingDutchman's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lynx+25 July 2004 - 08:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx &#064; 25 July 2004 - 08:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-XxKrNxStyLeZxX@25 July 2004 - 05:22
    but wont that increase the temperature, making the PSU be louder??
    The PSU does not get louder as it gets hotter.[/b][/quote]
    In that case I wonder why manufacturers like Nexus produce graphs like these Lynx.

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.nexustek.nl/images/dblevel_3000vs3500.gif' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    @lynx, in this case where we were talking about a specific model Antec, a higher temperature would cause the fans to spin faster and thus produce more noise. That power supply has a built-in automatic speed contol.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    ah so i got i got it...i get the antec PSU...and buy 1 more fan and a grille thingie....can the antec power supply control all the fan speeds its providing power to? or only a few??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    It wil vary just the fans that are connected to the "fan only" molexes.
    <span style='font-family:Geneva'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Resistence is futile.</span></span></span>

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    lynx's Avatar .
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@25 July 2004 - 13:20
    @lynx, in this case where we were talking about a specific model Antec, a higher temperature would cause the fans to spin faster and thus produce more noise. That power supply has a built-in automatic speed contol.
    I know that was the original discussion, but by the time I posted it had moved on to manually controlled fan speeds so that wouldn&#39;t apply.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    ok so the psu is decided....and for the fan i chose this ...will this be alriite? or is there a better one (still quiet) i can get for like the same price

or possibly this

and ill get some arctic silver 5 ....and the grille&#39;s like &#036;2 so total is like &#036;80

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by XxKrNxStyLeZxX@25 July 2004 - 17:16
    ok so the psu is decided....and for the fan i chose this ...will this be alriite? or is there a better one (still quiet) i can get for like the same price

or possibly this

and ill get some arctic silver 5 ....and the grille&#39;s like &#036;2 so total is like &#036;80
    first one looks great.
    it is VERY quiet even at max speed.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234