Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2,4 & 2.6 Kazaa Problems

first of all i do try not to bother with you brain boxes out there as i no that some of you get the ump with it, i want you to no that i have tried to sort out the problem myself,

i have been running kazza for a few years now and as far as i am aware i dont think i have ever had it running properly, just recently i am getting nowhere with the downloads, i usually get the downloads running less than 1kb and at best about 3, i am running xp with a ntl broadband of 150, now im sure this cant be right as it can take me about 2 months to download a movie, i am sharing my files and the upload looks good for the sharers, i have tried without sharing and there is no difference to the downloads, so i thought id try the hashes from the klite board and the sharethefiles.com website and up2dat and verifieds, i can get them all in the traffic window but not one has started to download in a month, not a mermer, so i thought i no, scrap this and get the latest version ( 2.6 ) and start again, and everything is exactly the same nothink has changed, i have now got to the point of about 70 downloads in my traffic, about 20 of them are hashes and verifieds, and all the others are klite searches and i have none of the hashes or verifieds starting at all and about 2 of the klite downloads downloading at about ( .8 to 1.2kb ) i followed the tutorial on how to get the best from your kazaa, i think it was by messiah, that cut my connection off totally.
    can any body help me with this one please, as this is getting rediculous. it would be good if someone else has the same broadband as me so i can compare, cheers, i look forward to your queries, regards, tetron.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Poster
    1 Set your bandwidth for uploads to half of your ISP allowed max. EG if it's 64 then set to 32.

2 Re-search when it gets slow

3 For your level of Broadband allow no more than 4 uploads and try to keep your downloads to 1 or 2 at a time.

Remeber that 150 broadband your max speed is likely to be 19Kb/s so don't expect miracles.

Also do NTL set a download per month limit in your contract?
    DOWNLOADING IS FUN - SHARING IS SUBLIME
    When all else fails - read the instructions!!!
    LEEDS UNITED - WE'LL BE BACK

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    muchspl2
    thats what you get using kazaa :/

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by muchspl2@26 July 2004 - 02:33
    thats what you get using kazaa :/
    Why don't you piss off to the Bittorrent section or wherever it is that you go for self-abuse.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    muchspl2
    what are you talking about, would you rather he thinks kazaa is the only way for him to download anything, besides I only use bittorrent for tv shows as thats the best way to get them
    I use newsgroups for newly released movies, why because it the fastest way to get first tun movies
    I use mirc for everything in between
    why, because I get them in a short amount of time, no skipping super node, no fake files, no virii
    knowledge is power my friend, if you want to live in lala land and think kazaa is the end all be all for p2p then ok
    but keeping me quite will only be doing the rest of the kazaa user in the dark about better alternatives
    do you feel threated by me telling people that kazaa sucks, are is it just you don't understand other protocols, if your confused I can help maybe through a few Pm's

*Post to assists or don't post at all. You've been told once before, why do you choose to continue with childish non-helpful posting? Not everyone is keen on all P2P programs out here, knowledge is power you say, so let them get the knowledge about it here*

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    back on topic. . .

are you running zone alarm 5?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Originally posted by oldjagman@26 July 2004 - 01:24
    1 Set your bandwidth for uploads to half of your ISP allowed max. EG if it's 64 then set to 32.

2 Re-search when it gets slow

3 For your level of Broadband allow no more than 4 uploads and try to keep your downloads to 1 or 2 at a time.

Remeber that 150 broadband your max speed is likely to be 19Kb/s so don't expect miracles.

Also do NTL set a download per month limit in your contract?
    thanks for reply, i have already got the upload speed set to half, and i always re-search, i have 3 uploads set, and downloads set at 5, i have tried 2 and have also tried 16 and the download rate is all the same whichever settings i use, i have unlimitted use of ntl.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Originally posted by Vargas@26 July 2004 - 02:59
    back on topic. . .

thanks for reply, i am running norton pro 2004.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    Originally posted by polecat+26 July 2004 - 13:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (polecat @ 26 July 2004 - 13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Vargas@26 July 2004 - 02:59
    back on topic. . .

thanks for reply, i am running norton pro 2004. [/b][/quote]
    well that rules that out

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Poster
    OK, KL 243 is as stable as you get so if you have problems with that you&#39;ve got problems&#33;

Silly idea I know but you aren&#39;t running other P2P clients at the same time (bittorrent, Emule etc)?

One last strike would be to clean uninstall and start again from scratch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast