Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blowback From My Cpu Fan

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Virtualbody1234@24 July 2004 - 15:09
    You have a very good point Ross. Looks like you should do some experiments to test your theory.
    ya, well, im lazy.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    angel_of_death57
    I have this problem with my 80mm Exhuast but i think thats cos of back grill not having enough space thats why i am cutting the stock grill off and putting a think wired one. Its really weird

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@24 July 2004 - 16:58
    I have this problem with my 80mm Exhuast but i think thats cos of back grill not having enough space thats why i am cutting the stock grill off and putting a think wired one. Its really weird
    ya that's pretty much the same thing as mine except recplace grill with heatsink. The fins are so close together that the air can't flow through them.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    angel_of_death57
    I don't have this problem with my Fan and heatsink not sure why but i see what you mean rossco.

What about rising the fan up. Getting a heatsink that will allow good airflow. Thecoolermaster hyper 6 has it side fan thats allows good airflow but you can also but an exhuast fan on that heatsink i want a hyper 6

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@24 July 2004 - 17:03
    I don't have this problem with my Fan and heatsink not sure why but i see what you mean rossco.

What about rising the fan up. Getting a heatsink that will allow good airflow. Thecoolermaster hyper 6 has it side fan thats allows good airflow but you can also but an exhuast fan on that heatsink i want a hyper 6
    don't really want to buy anything.

i think ill just mod my old heatsink a little, seems like the best thing to do.

gotta either bend the fins that are in the way or somehow cut the off (would rather bend them)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    angel_of_death57
    Tried a different fan at all

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@24 July 2004 - 17:09
    Tried a different fan at all
    yes...a 60mm fan used to be on it, but that was back when my motherboard was giving the wrong voltage so it ran at like 45idle

no blowback at that time.

this is an 80mm now.

i tried to take pics of each heatsink but with my shitty 30 dollar camera they didn't come out.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    angel_of_death57
    god 45 is high i using my stock fan and heatsink on my 3200mhz P4 and i get idle of 40 in hot weather. 37 in cold.

Maybe its the heatsink not beign compatiable with certain fans have u any other fans.

Also what CPU you got and socket for it

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by angel_of_death57@24 July 2004 - 17:25
    god 45 is high i using my stock fan and heatsink on my 3200mhz P4 and i get idle of 40 in hot weather. 37 in cold.

Maybe its the heatsink not beign compatiable with certain fans have u any other fans.

Also what CPU you got and socket for it
    it was .10 volts over what it should be.

instead of 1.65 it was at 1.75

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    angel_of_death57
    I am not to smart on voltages ??????? its really odd to me on PC's

what cpu are u using rossco

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast