Thread: Office 2003 Outlook Questions

i just installed outlook on my new notebook and a couple things are acting differtnly than my desktop.

1) when i click on a link in an email in the reading pane a "locate link browser" box pops up. Could it be that IE is not my default browers? the link launches and works... but i have to close out that box every time i click a link. Annoying.

2) regardless of how long i sit on an email and read it in the pane the new mail icon wont go away untill i move off of it. I think i set it so if i stay on the email for 2-3 seconds it sould go to "Read" mode... and that works if i move off of the email. but if it is the last email in the box and i have no other new mail to move off of it to.. then it just stays as New Mail.. untill i back down to an email i have already read. Annoying.

3) extra credit... my work computers have a handy little desktop icon called "callendar" it does not open the outlook calendar. Just a little quick, lite calendar that shows the entire month to see what day of the week it is etc. Where can i find that prog? It appears to be an MS office or windows program.

thanks for any help
    healimonster

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    As far as a nice calender - I like the freeware ...

http://www.rcis.co.za/dale/tclockex/index.htm

You can customize the task bar clock - and it has a nice popup calendar.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    so I guess no one has a save diaolog box pop up when you click on a link in your outlook pane.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    I use 2003 at work..and I don't think I've ever had that problem..but I can tell you more tomorrow when I'm at work.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    I really like that pop up calendar.... however i hate the clock... it doesnt mesh into the tool bar well at all.

Any other quick easy light pop up calendars or a way to use the calendar and not the clock from your suggestion?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    As long as you don't auto hide the task bar - you should have no problems with the task bar clock.
    I'm hoping he'll fix this in his next rev.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    http://www.gregorybraun.com/Calendar.html

This was the calendar that I was talking about.

Turns out it is freeware.

Enjoy