Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being Responsible

Is there maybe someone out there with the brainpower to write a plug-in that would allow someone to disallow sharing with an individual user? Then we could at least police our own searches to avoid connecting with names that come up over and over with bogus files. I would but my programming skills are a bit in the lack luster department.
    You could get the ip and block it, but too many peoples ip changes regularly for that to be of real benefit.

And what about actually having to register usernames, not in a traceable way, I understand how dangerous that sounds, but at least in a way that would tie an installation of Kazaa to a name that can't be changed without re-installing Kazaa?
    There is still no way of preventing people from having the same usernames. You and I and half a million other people could all have the same username and the program wouldn't know the difference. Block my name and you potentialy block many other users.

I read something on the board about the 20 un-published rules, where are they and why haven’t they been published?
    We don't talk about them

Also, I dislike the option to not allow incoming messages; you should at the very least be able to point the "evil finger of shame" in someone’s face for abusing the system.
    I had good experience with that, but I ended up disabling it. Too many people wanted to get chatty while I was watching a movie or something. An endless supply of pop up windows turned me off that option.

TD
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    We don't talk about them 
    My Dear tracydani,
    Why Don't we talk about it?
    Please, Give me a clue, Throw me a bone.
    I'm like all new to this forum 'n stuff.

Too many people wanted to get chatty while I was watching a movie or something.

I understand not wanting the pop-ups when you’re watching a movie, but when you’re actively hunting? If I can communicate with some one, I trust that they are part of the community and not being bad peoples.

And Bad Peoples are bad. We don't like them in my world.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    well said! also, sharing random files on ur hdd can be dangerous.

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    You could get the ip and block it, but too many peoples ip changes regularly for that to be of real benefit.
    How do I find someones IP? and where do I go to block it? I'm not finding these things on my own.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by SpamhandEl@31 July 2004 - 20:50
    How do I find someones IP? and where do I go to block it? I'm not finding these things on my own.
    Do some searches for my old messages on the subject of blocking Kazaa users by ip.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by SpamhandEl@25 July 2004 - 21:12
    Is there maybe someone out there with the brainpower to write a plug-in that would allow someone to disallow sharing with an individual user? Then we could at least police our own searches to avoid connecting with names that come up over and over with bogus files. I would but my programming skills are a bit in the lack luster department.

And what about actually having to register usernames, not in a traceable way, I understand how dangerous that sounds, but at least in a way that would tie an installation of Kazaa to a name that can't be changed without re-installing Kazaa?
    You have a lot to learn.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    If you would put down that funning little cigarette for a moment you might have typed enough that could respond.

What exactly is it that I have to learn, hippy.

Express yourself more fully and I'll explain what I meant and how these things are not so scary.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by SpamhandEl@26 July 2004 - 13:40
    Why Don't we talk about it?
    Please, Give me a clue, Throw me a bone.
    I'm like all new to this forum 'n stuff.
    They are niot rules. People have done things that in no way break the rules and they ahve been banned, hench the idea of the un-writen rules. We can't say any really because then we write them and get banned ourselfs. Just doont take fights with the mods or admins is all i can say.

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Thanks,

I was already let in on that and told.
    Not to talk about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12