Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: User Ranks - Update

zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    I'm quoting myself from Cornerpockets similar thread. "This sucks even more. You mods are off your nuts on these 2 recent decisions about post & star counts. I get 2 stars ripped from me. Then every idiot spammers gonna get 10,000 posts reinstated & have 5 stars to my 3 stars. Sorry but thats fucked up. I help people with a lot of my posts. A lot (not all) of these idiot spammers are just that. And some fn noobs gonna look at their 5 stars & believe that KL has spyware or the sky is falling. And said fn noobs not gonna believe me cause I only have 3 stars & 10,000 less posts than these fucking idiot spammers. Yeah, way to go. Repent before this gets out of hand. "

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    scribblec's Avatar Poster

all i gotta say

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    summerlinda's Avatar Pyretta¤Blaze
    Stop whining, its the mods decision, accept it. Now, all of you whiners, go do something usefull

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    Poster
    Originally posted by solidsnake+22 March 2003 - 15:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (solidsnake @ 22 March 2003 - 15:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -[O][T]@22 March 2003 - 15:21
    <!--QuoteBegin--Curley
    @22 March 2003 - 14:10
    I don&#39;t see why we can&#39;t customise our own

That&#39;s a good question mate

Code:
    Number of posts a member must have over before allowing them to change their member title?
    Leave blank to disable completely
    BOT

i already came up wit this idea

its just no one paid attention
    [/quote]
    One has to wonder why scribble

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by JmiF+22 March 2003 - 16:28--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 22 March 2003 - 16:28)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -solidsnake@22 March 2003 - 15:59
    Originally posted by -[O][T]@22 March 2003 - 15:21
    <!--QuoteBegin--Curley
    @22 March 2003 - 14:10

That&#39;s a good question mate

Code:
    Number of posts a member must have over before allowing them to change their member title?
    Leave blank to disable completely
    BOT

i already came up wit this idea

its just no one paid attention

One has to wonder why scribble (is the best cos he is )
    [/quote]
    all im saying is who put forward this idea first

k

its scribblec by the way

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Infested Cats's Avatar Mike Victory
    I don&#39;t know if this was the best move made by the mods, but keep in mind: they tend to have our best interests in mind when they make these decisions.

People, you shouldn&#39;t have to rely on the "star-system" to feel better about yourself. Just because it says K-lite board god (or whatever is the highest ranking) next to your name, doesn’t necessarily make you any better than a newbie (or "newcomer").
    You aren&#39;t treated any differently if you have more posts than another person. Generally, personality tends to shine through the posts counts...

Like I&#39;m sure most of you have heard a thousand times by now: "Quality over Quantity."
    This forum isn&#39;t a competition to have the highest post count. We&#39;re here all with a similar interest in mind. "A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation."

So, like summerlinda said: Give the complaining a rest.

IMHO, I think all post-counts should be abolished, ceasing all competition whatsoever.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    I&#39;m no longer a post-whore.... oh well :-)
    Originally posted by Curley
    I have to agree with Curley on this one. Can&#39;t we have just a little customization? Like if we have over 1000 posts, can&#39;t we change it from Member to like "KL Krazy Member" or "K-Lite NeWbIe 4ever"

Just a thought B)

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Its fine by me

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Poster
    KL Krazy Member
    I like that one. You gotta be a bit krazy to get to that status. Ok, I guess I am just a member now. Oh well, seems like my Godly status was short lived. VB whatever you want to do is cool with me. We all shouldn&#39;t get caught up in status anyway. That is not what the forum is about. Rock on. Nice work with the forum. Stronger than ever.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Rocko's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by VB@22 March 2003 - 04:32
    [*]0 - 74: Newcomer (sounds more welcome than newbie) 1 Star [*]75 - 999: Member 3 Stars[*]1000 - xxxxx : Sr. Member 5 Stars

No God, Jr. Member, Newbie rank anymore ...

like it or hate it
    This take away the fun of the post count, so is better to just hide the post count and ranks, just leave the rank for the mods.

Rocko

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast